Social Media Icons

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My Makeup Organization

Well as you may or may not know I've purchased a home and am getting ready to move! I am so excited and nervous to be a home owner again. But this time I went for a condo, so hopefully I'll be more happy with it.

Before I start packing it all up I thought I'd share with you my current makeup storage system and vanity. I really like my setup here. I'm not sure if this is how I'll do it in the new place, you just never know until you get all your stuff in. So I thought now was the perfect time to show you my stash!


The Vanity

I love this vanity I've created; somehow it magically came together really well. I did a DIY on this desk with marble contact paper to make it a little fancier... ooh la la! It adds something extra to the whole area, without being too loud (It's also a great background for pics!). Check it out here.

The chair, I found someone giving away at my last apartment, and the big mirror was a Christmas gift a few years ago (it's actually a jewelry organizer).

With the great natural lighting in my bedroom, I love sitting here and playing with makeup. It's my happy place!

DESK (similar) | MIRROR (similar) | CHAIR (similar)


Brushes

I found this carousel at Marshalls - my favorite store. It works great as I've organized the brushes by use - face powders, blushes/bronzers, eye blending, eye precision, miscellaneous.

I filled each section with some black sand so the brushes stand up. I can just spin it around to find the brush I'm looking for. As you can see I have a thing for Real Techniques brushes!

BRUSH CAROUSEL (similar)


Mirror and Foundations

Another Marshall's purchase! This mirror/organizer is awesome! I use it to apply mascara and keep track of my foundations, false eyelash stuff, and setting spray. These are my most reached for products as of late.

Recently, I've been loving using powder foundations again, so I've been switching between this Tarte one (see the haul here) and Bare Minerals original foundation. Both are really great and long lasting in these summer months (where my oily skin glows and glows and glows)!



Makeup Storage

I got these drawers like 12 years ago at Target and they're still going strong. Okay they're a bit grubby and I should shell out for new ones. But they've lasted so long and well! They're the perfect length and depth for my products. 

Here's a breakdown of how I have my makeup organized:
  • Top: Stubby brushes - these are from EcoTools and Tarte
  • Drawer 1: Foundation and concealers
  • Drawer 2: Blush
  • Drawer 3: Bronzer & cream eyeshadow
  • Drawer 4: Individual eyeshadows
  • Drawer 5: Mascaras, eyeliners, and brow products (My favorite drawer!)
  • Drawer 6: Lip products (my least used drawer)


DRAWERS (similar



Palettes 

One the shelf underneath the desk I keep my palettes and makeup bags. Why is it so easy to collect makeup bags, I have way too many and I rarely if ever travel! Oh geez, but I love them :)

I keep my palettes in this plastic bin so they don't fall and get broken. I have this NYX bronzer/highlight palette, It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette, Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette, and Too Faced Love Palette.

I am in love with palettes, I use them all the time and love them! It puts all the colors and finishes you need right at your fingertips. Simple and easy!

So this is my makeup organization! I love that everything has it's place so I can easily find what I'm looking for in the mornings.



How do you organize your makeup? Any tips?

If you're not following on Instagram and Twitter yet you should! Lots of cute animal pics, and of course makeup! Find me @amberbutbetter.

3 comments:

  1. Your makeup is stored way better than mine! This makes me want to do a huge clear out!

    www.theprettynatural.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's crazy what a few bins and mirrors can do!

      Delete
  2. I can see how this is your happy place, so chic and elegant. Score on the chair and I remember you actually made that tabletop, love it! I enjoy cleaning out my makeup drawer and cabinet every few months, it's a fun way to "shop" my stash and rediscover items.

    ReplyDelete