Social Media Icons

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July 2016 Favorites

July has come and gone. It's been a great month in Colorado, but HOT! I've enjoyed though catching up with friends, going to a few festivals/markets, and hitting up an amusement park. But now the month has winded down and I need to look back and think about what I've been loving.

It's been a while since I've done a Favorites post. Money's been tight lately so I hadn't been trying too many new products. But for some reason this month there were quite a few goodies I couldn't wait to share with you all.

I've got a good mix of makeup, skincare, hair care, and fashion for you all. So let's chat about what I've been loving in the month of July.


Goody

I think I speak for most women when I say, hair kinks suck! I've always hated putting my hair up fro fear of the lovely mark regular elastics leave. Because these are so thick they don't leave a mark, but still hold your hair firmly in place. Although they seem a little tight at first, they do loosen up and stretch pretty far. I now have these everywhere! And bonus: they're much easier to find in purses, the couch, your car, the floor, etc... Much harder to lose :)

Wet n Wild

Oh liquid eyeliner; one day I love you and want to flaunt my wicked skills and other days I look like some off-the-wall abstract artist practiced all over my eyes. But still, I try and am getting better! 

I really like this eyeliner for a more subtle look with no wing; I just place it really close to the lashline with little strokes. The brown color is perfect for this as it adds definition but isn't as harsh as black can be. And the wear on this is phenomenal! I think it's actually better than the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. It lasts all day and doesn't transfer on my hooded lids. 

If you love liquid eyeliner or need to keep practicing like me, go out and get this! You won't regret it. 

MyChelle


MyChelle is the first cruelty-free skincare brand I ever tried, and it's been lover ever since. Although I've been using other skincare for a while, this brand always gets my attention. The scrub has especially done wonders for my skin. It's a scrub with little granules, but  leave it on the face like a mask. It does tingle a little from the enzymes... but I feel like it's actually doing something. Imagine little crystalline monsters eating your dead skin, yum! 

When I go to rinse it off, I scrub a bit and then.... it's glorious. My face looks glowing after and is so soft and smooth. It's helped with my acne scars and pores. The tube will last you a long time too as you don't need much to reap all the benefits!

Physician's Formula
Shimmer Strips - Warm Nude


Tati from Glam Life Guru recommended this, so I had to go out and get it. I'm a complete sucker for her reviews. But, there's a reason, she was right. This little box contains magic... no exaggeration. You can use it as a highlighter, blush, and bronzer. And although it's says shimmer in the name and looks super shiny, this gives the most beautiful glow to my skin without looking sparkly. I absolutely love it! No more words are needed.

Mad Love
Keava Sandals - Flower Print


Summer=sandals, but foot issues makes finding cute and comfortable ones a challenge. Last year I was diagnosed with Plantar Faciitis but exercises and insoles have made the problem go away. I don't want to rock the boat though by wearing flat sandals with no support, so I went on the hunt for sandals that weren't ugly and would be good for my feet. 

Enter Target! I found these sandals amidst all the other flip-flops on the back wall of doom. I don't know if you have this trouble, but the shoe department at my local Target is always a disaster and trying to find a shoe I want and in my size is next to impossible. But I found the black version of these to try-on and went online to order the pretty flowers. Because flowers make them awesome!

And I've been wearing these everywhere. They are comfy, although the high arch support took a while to get used to. My #1 sandals of the summer! Woot woot!

That's it, the products I've been loving in July! I hope your month was fun and exciting and you're enjoying the last half of your summer. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I always love reading about your favorites. Thanks to your review, I really want to try the Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics and the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips. 😊

    ReplyDelete