I, for the most part of my life have had pretty clear skin... I had the occasional pimple and of course I do have quite a few blackheads on my nose and chin. Then, once I hit my mid-20s I found that my skin had changed and acne has become a constant battle.
Here was my situation before. I had bumps (not pimples) on my forehead and some zits and scars on my left cheek/jawline area. I started washing my phone more often and trying to keep it away from my face. So I had it handled. Ha! Then for Christmas I had asked for Tarte Maracuja Oil because I had heard good things about what it could do for your face.
So Oscar bought me a trial size and after using it for about a week, and my face exploded! It was something I have never experienced before. I had pimples on both cheeks, jawlines, my chin, and forehead! Also, those little bumps multiplied. Looking back on it now, I had read some reviews that this had happened to other people, but I never imagined my skin would react this way. I did keep using the oil for a few weeks after to see if it would calm down on its own. When it didn't I began making a plan of action!
Below are the products that helped me the most:
I had tried to increase my exfoliation, and using tea tree oil on the bumps. But I really didn't recognize any significant difference until I purchased the Juice Beauty Daily Hydrating Solutions. Here's my new routine that has significantly cleared my acne!
- Clean skin with Cleansing Milk (only if skin felt extra dirty/greasy/gross)
- Fill cotton ball with Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Clarifying Toner and swipe over face, concentrate on affected areas.
- Let toner dry on skin.
- Put on either Lotion with SPF or IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream (I use the shade Fair)
- Use The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil to remove makeup (FYI... love this stuff!)
- Wash face again with either Cleansing Milk or The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash - I rotate these so I'm not always using harsh ingredients on my skin.
- Spritz with Hydrating Mist and apply Antioxidant Serum - I don't know if these steps are necessary, but they came with the kit, so I use them.
- Apply Nutrient Moisturizer.
Occasionally (not pictured)
- I have cut back on using a physical exfoliant because I thought it might be causing more harm than good. But I use my Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub about once a week.
- Also, the kit came with Green Apple Peel Sensitive which provides a chemical exfoliant. I use this about once a week as well interchangeably with The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask.
I'm sorry I don't have before and after pictures as I was extremely embarrassed to photograph my face during the worst of it. But trust me, this routine and these products have worked wonders on my face!