Social Media Icons

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Best Shave of Your Life

Over the last year I've received a few Sugar Scrubs as gifts and I've made a discovery people! Okay discovery is a little much, but still it's pretty awesome.

I'm you've all seen the sugar scrub recipes on Pinterest and wondered who does these! Well luckily I've had a few people in my life give it a go and hand these out as gifts (shout out to Tara and Jami!).


At first I just used these as a scrub and called it good. And then I realized the oil in the scrub was staying on my skin so... a little light bulb came on and I did something crazy! I decided after I rinsed off the sugar I would shave with the leftover oil. And OMG! It's the best, most close shave ever!

Believe me, I have references! I've told my family and friends about this, and it's a consensus. It's kind of addicting, I've tried shaving cream since them and it's just not the same.

First, the scrub makes for a really close shave. Then, the leftover oil makes the razor glide easily and minimizes cuts, and then when you're done, you don't need to lotion!

FANTASTIC!

There's only a few things to remember.

  • You need to mix the scrub each use because the sugar and oil separate.
  • You should rinse the razor after every few strokes (I do 2) to clean out the gunk.
  • You will go through razors a little faster, but in my opinion it's worth it :)


I hope you all give this a try and let me know what you think! I'm sorry I don't have a recipe for you, but like I said I'm kind of addicted and my stash is running low :) so I'm going to have to make a batch here soon.

5 comments:

  1. Here is the recipe I used! It makes a TON!! 4 cups of sugar 3/4 c of Olive oil I used the light kind, 1/2c lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of lemon extract. Mix and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recipe Tara... I know I'll be making more!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Tara, Amber - did you resist tasting this in the shower? It sounds like a delicious frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg amber your so right it it's such a nice shave and plus I haven't gotten any cuts since then and usually I'm always getting cut with my razor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I think I may need to make some of this for Christmas gifts!

      Delete