Social Media Icons

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Style Pin-speration and Confidence

Follow Amber V's board Fall/Winter Style on Pinterest.

Yesterday I was reviewing my Fall/Winter Style board on Pinterest and I realized there's a real theme there!

This whole blog is about me finding my personal style and low-and-behold it was glaringly obvious on Pinterest!

Apparently and truthfully I am into big cozy sweaters, layering, skinny pants, and pretty neutral and/or dark colors. I think overall it's a chic, effortless kind of look I like something that's classic and current at the same time.

Although, it makes me immensely happy to know that I do have a cohesive style (I really thought it was all over the place), it also makes me sad that I'm not the size to wear these kinds of clothes right now.

For the last few years I have had some serious confidence issues as I was at my heaviest weight. Then I finally decided to get myself in gear 2 years ago and started to go to the gym at work every morning. Doing this I lost 26 pounds! I was so happy and full of confidence and loved buying and wearing clothes.

Then over the last year I have really fallen back into bad habits and have gained 15 pounds back. Now my clothes are tight and uncomfortable and all my pants are painful to wear. This has really made my confidence plummet. This is one of the reasons I haven't posted an What I Wore posts recently. I'm just not happy with my body anymore.

I know this is a depressing post and I'm sorry for that... I didn't mean it to go this way. But, you know, we can't always be happy and up beat, sometimes shit gets real. And I think many women feel or have felt this way about themselves.

As I learned before, the key to my successful weight loss was finding a routine. I think that's my biggest struggle now is that A) I don't have a free gym at work, B) I work early hours so I don't have time in the mornings, C) When I get home, after driving in traffic I have little motivation.

The previous few weeks I have been doing P90X3 Yoga and Pilates 3 times each week... so I'm making head way, but I have to keep it up.

Ok... on a positive note, people are getting healthy and losing weight all the time which means I can too!

If you have any motivational tips for working out after work, please comment below. And if (by some miracle) you'd like more posts like this, please let me know!

Thank you for listening!

No comments

Leave a Comment