Social Media Icons

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I'm a Hair Model

This past weekend I was asked to be a model for my hairdresser, Laura's, new salon. Of course I said yes because it sounded like so much fun! I've never had my makeup done by anyone before, so I jumped at the chance.

I showed up at 8 o'clock in the morning to start on my hair color. Laura decided to darken my slightly ombred hair with some light brown with some silver blonde. Which was scary at first, but Laura's been doing my hair for years so I put my trust in her. 

Then things got hectic. The photographer took pictures during the get-ready process and in his nicely lighted setup. I felt like I had to be "on" the whole time... and if you've read this blog before, you've probably seen that I'm big on smiling in pictures. So the whole time I was holding this half smile that made me look a little odd. 

She did my makeup and hair for an everyday look and a bridal look with heavier makeup. Unfortunately, I missed getting a picture of the bridal hair in all the confusion. But you'll get to see the after effects of that look (very big and voluminous hair!). 

Also, a new one for me... red lipstick. I almost never put anything on my lips, because I feel like they're already pretty dark and big and I've never really felt the need to add to it. But it was fun to try something new and see how it looked on me. 

And finally, Laura uses Glo Minerals, which are cruelty-free. Awesome!

Well, without further ado, here is what my Saturday looked like. I'm really excited to see how the professional photos turned out!




And that was my day! It was such fun, Laura and her whole team are great and very talented. If you're in the Denver Metro area, you should definitely check them out!

9021 N. Harlan Street
Westminster, CO 80031


No comments

Leave a Comment