Social Media Icons

Thursday, October 30, 2014

October 2014 Favorites!

Well now that November has began (and here in Colorado so has the rain!) I thought it'd be nice to look back at October and the items I enjoyed most that month.



Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
My newest mascara from Tarte has blown me away (find here). It has a wet formula that is buildable and gives fantastic volume and length. Also, I haven't had any clump trouble with this mascara!

Express Rings
It's sad but true, I have tiny fingers (wrists, ankles, and head too, but that's another story) and I rarely find rings that are ready-to-wear. But this new fad of midi-rings has given me new hope! I found these gold rings at Express (similar here) and I love to mix and stack them on both my ring fingers. I think they're good quality and fit wonderfully!

Honey Bronze Bronzing Poweder
I received this bronzer as a gift with purchase at The Body Shop (find here).  I have the shade 01 - Light Matte and at first, I'll admit I thought it was too light to be of any use as a bronzer. But now, especially during the cooler months I find that I'm loving this lighter cooler, it gives my skin a subtle glow and definition without screaming BRONZER HERE! I've also been wearing as an eyeshadow on those morning when I just want something quick and simple and it lasts all day on my greasy lids!

Eye Shadow Brush
I purchased this Bdellium Tapered Blending Brush #785 on Amazon (find here) after seeing a recommendation from blogger, Killer Colours on the brand. It's a high quality fluffy blending brush. It makes easy work of blending out eyeshadows for the smokey look I love so much. And it's so soft and fluffy!

Happify App
Finally, this app (only available at the iTunes store as of now) has been a wonderful discovery. It's basically a little daily reminder to be happy. There are missions on the app for you to complete weekly. Some of this comes in forms of games, some are lists (what made you happy this morning, what are you grateful for, etc...), and then there are some relaxation and mediation exercises. I really love that right on my phone I have the ability to take a moment out of my day and focus on being more positive.

Well that's October in a nutshell! Now that November is here I'm excited for hot chocolate and cider, warm night's with a blanket and book, and of course Thanksgiving!

Please comment below with some of your October favorites!

No comments

Leave a Comment