Social Media Icons

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

How I'm Winning a Battle with Acne

For the last few months I have been battling some monstrous acne! Ok, so it's probably not monstrous, but it sure did feel like it.

I, for the most part of my life have had pretty clear skin... I had the occasional pimple and of course I do have quite a few blackheads on my nose and chin. Then, once I hit my mid-20s I found that my skin had changed and acne has become a constant battle.

Here was my situation before. I had bumps (not pimples) on my forehead and some zits and scars on my left cheek/jawline area. I started washing my phone more often and trying to keep it away from my face. So I had it handled. Ha! Then for Christmas I had asked for Tarte Maracuja Oil because I had heard good things about what it could do for your face.

So Oscar bought me a trial size and after using it for about a week, and my face exploded! It was something I have never experienced before. I had pimples on both cheeks, jawlines, my chin, and forehead! Also, those little bumps multiplied. Looking back on it now, I had read some reviews that this had happened to other people, but I never imagined my skin would react this way. I did keep using the oil for a few weeks after to see if it would calm down on its own. When it didn't I began making a plan of action!

Below are the products that helped me the most:


I had tried to increase my exfoliation, and using tea tree oil on the bumps. But I really didn't recognize any significant difference until I purchased the Juice Beauty Daily Hydrating Solutions. Here's my new routine that has significantly cleared my acne!

Morning

  1. Clean skin with Cleansing Milk (only if skin felt extra dirty/greasy/gross)
  2. Fill cotton ball with Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Clarifying Toner and swipe over face,   concentrate on affected areas.
  3. Let toner dry on skin.
  4. Put on either Lotion with SPF or IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream (I use the shade Fair)
Night
  1. Use The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil to remove makeup (FYI... love this stuff!)
  2. Wash face again with either Cleansing Milk or The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash - I rotate these so I'm not always using harsh ingredients on my skin.
  3. Spritz with Hydrating Mist and apply Antioxidant Serum - I don't know if these steps are necessary, but they came with the kit, so I use them.
  4. Apply Nutrient Moisturizer.
Occasionally (not pictured)
  1. I have cut back on using a physical exfoliant because I thought it might be causing more harm than good. But I use my Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub about once a week.
  2. Also, the kit came with Green Apple Peel Sensitive which provides a chemical exfoliant. I use this about once a week as well interchangeably with The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask.
I'm sorry I don't have before and after pictures as I was extremely embarrassed to photograph my face during the worst of it. But trust me, this routine and these products have worked wonders on my face!

5 comments:

  1. Funny, my face has changed in the past few weeks, red bumps and blotchy, boooooo. This is a helpful post, thank you! I am also starting to drink some Yogi skin detox tea and hope that helps too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's crazy how much your skin, hair, etc... can change! I would love to know if you notice a difference from the tea, keep me in the loop :)

      Delete
    2. So far I feel like my chin/cheeks are better. Could be the tea, could be something else, I 'm going to keep it up though!

      Delete
  2. Great tips! Battling Acne is never fun. Glad you are on the winning side.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not fun, and as luck would have it I got a new foundation and caused another flare up. I guess it's a continuing problem!

      Delete