Social Media Icons

Monday, February 2, 2015

I Needed Some Moisture in My Life

It has been so cold and dry here recently! My skin and hair have needed some serious moisture so I took a trip to Ulta to see what I could find! Here's what I came home with.


Physicians Formula
Powder Palette Glow Pearls - Translucent Pearl (similar here)
With all the dryness I've been needing to add a little sparkle to my skin. I've been looking for highlighters but their a bit pricey and I'm not sure if I'd like it. So, I decided to go for this sparkly slightly pink color. I'll check back with more information!

It's a 10
Miracle Leave-In plus Keratin (travel size)
My hair can use all the help it can get! It's been so dry and frizzy and full of static. Grrr... it's been driving me absolutely bananas... I heard good things on this product on YouTube. I've used this product a few times sprayed throughout the ends of my hair. I'm not sure if it's worth the hype yet, but I'll let you know if it ends up being life saving.

OGX
Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Body Mist
Nourishing Coconut Milk Hibiscus Body Lotion
First let me try to explain to you the excitement I felt when I found out OGX makes body products. I have been an avid user of their shampoo and conditioner for years so when I wandered to the bath & body section of Ulta and saw body washes and lotions and oil.... ooohhhh it was like fireworks, and church choirs, and that first sip of morning coffee. SO GOOD! I have been spritzing the oil on after the shower and rubbing it in, then I use the lotion over top. And let me tell you my dry itchy skin has drank it up! The oil sinks in quickly and smells great, then the lotion is thick and a little goes a long way. They are both super moisturizing and I've been loving how I smell after using them.

NYX
Jumbo Eye Pencil - Cottage Cheese
I own another one of these eye pencils and they are really good. I just swipe a light layer across the lids and blend out with my finger tips. And weird name aside, I like this shimmery white color. I use it in the inner corner and all over the lid with a light shadow over it. It really helps make the light color shadows brighter and to last longer. Great product and price.

Overall, it was a good trip to Ulta and I think I'm going to make it through this relentless winter with soft supple skin!

I hope you all have a great weekend and here's to Spring! It's going to come, I know it!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try something from OGX, their products sound amazing! Lovely post by the way - I love your style of writing :)

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! OGX really does have some great products for really good prices! I recommend their shampoo and conditioner, but I'm loving the lotion and oil in post too :)

      Delete