Social Media Icons

Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Semi-Sweet Palette Hits the Spot


I'm in love! I've been researching, looking, picking, chickening out, and so on so forth eyeshadow palettes for well over a year. Last year I purchased the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette which has some amazing matte shades (see review here). But I have, for some time been wanting to get a new palette with some more shimmery shades.

I don't think I'm fully explaining how obsessed I've been... but basically every time I entered any store with makeup I was on the search! I finally landed on Too Faced shadows because they have great reviews... but I just couldn't settle on one of their smaller palettes and their Chocolate Bar palette didn't seem quite right.

Then I found it (cue church choir singing and light streaming from heaven) the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette. It was the one, so I immediately put in an order online. Apparently I was ahead of the times because I couldn't find one in the stores to test. And now to the review!

I'm sorry for all the build-up, but I needed you all to be right here with me and my excitement!


These shadows go on with a lot of payoff yet are so smooth and almost creamy in texture. They also blend together amazingly well, I barely touch my blending brush to my lid and it's done. Also, the staying power on these shadows is amazing, and I have those oily lids :)

Also, as the name would suggest, they do smell like cocoa powder. Not what I'm looking for in most eye shadows, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. It perks up your morning a little when you smell cocoa on your face... never a bad thing.

The palette includes mattes, shimmery/metallics, and 2 glittery shades. I have had such wonderful experiences with the shimmers and mattes. The only issues I have had is with the pink glitter shade, I don't feel like it's very pigmented and it's had to get the glitter to stick to my lid. I may have to work more with that shade.

Below are 3 looks I did with the shadows. I realize they all look similar, I don't know what it is, but I feel like I can pile on eye makeup and then it looks just the same as if I put on a quick everyday one color. Grrr.... but that's a gripe for another day.


Rum Raisin all over the lid and smudged into lower lash line. Truffled in the outer
corner and Coconut Creme in the inner corner  and on the brow bone.

Coconut Creme all of the lid with Peanut Butter in the crease. Puddin'
on the outer corner to darken and just a little Licorice to darken further.
Pink Sugar in the inner corner to highlight.

Bon Bon all over the lid with Truffled in the crease and Puddin' to darken
the crease. Butter Pecan on the inner half of the lid. Peanut Butter to blend out
the crease shades a bit with Coconut Creme in the inner corner. Truffled and
Bon Bon smudged under the lower lash line.
Now that I've gushed over my current love, I'm ready to go home and experiment some more! Have a great week all and I'll talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a quality palette, I am excited for you! Love the names and reader request to see a look with the blueberry color. My fave of these three looks is the bottom one, I like the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me again, in researching the semi-sweet I found this b/vlogger, http://www.makingupthemw.com/2014/12/too-faced-semi-sweet-palette-review-giveaway.html who you may like. Her blog seems intelligent and still sexy like yours! Yay eyeshadow!!!!

    ReplyDelete