Social Media Icons

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

5 Minute Face and Hair

On Sundays, I usually spend time with the family and don't want to be bothered with too much makeup.


However, on the off-chance I need to go somewhere else or we all go out to eat I do want to look presentable. So this past Sunday, I thought I'd document my 5 minute face and hair look.


First, I did my foundation with the It Cosmetics CC+ Cream in Light, Too Faced concealer in Vanilla, and Bare Minerals Veil Touch-Up Foundation in Light. Let me know if you'd like to see more specifically how I do my foundation, I've never really done that before. I used my new tarte cream cheek stain in Dreamer (similar here), which I got for Christmas, to add some color to the apples of my cheeks.

Then, on the eyes I used Java from my It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Pallette with the Crown Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush (the crease side). Starting about 1/4 of the way from the corner of my eye I lined the upper lash line with this color. Without re-dipping the brush I drew a little flick. Then, because I've got those fun hooded eyes (grrr...) I have to pull my eyelids straight and connect the lines. And again, with that same brush I line the outer half of my lower lash line.

Next, I dipped the other side of the brush to dip into a light color, I used a mix of Sheer Joy and Love. I patted this color onto my eyelid to brighten everything up and to combat those greasy lids :)

Finally, I topped it all off with my favorite mascara, tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara.

See, easy peasy!

Then the hair, my favorite and the easiest part!

I used this Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo on the roots of my hair to tackle grease and add volume. Then I took the front bits of my hair and clipped it back. Yay! Done! (Don't mind the under-eye bags, I'm not sure what happened here.)


I hope you liked this quick Sunday or any day look.

6 comments:

  1. This makeup looks really suits you. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it! Especially your giant lashes and shiny lips. I'm considering a new mascara in the next month or so, would you recommend the Tarte or the Benefit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've never tried Benefit mascara (unfortunately they're not cruelty-free) but I do love this Tarte mascara, I'm almost out and will be racing to the store to get more!

      Delete
  3. Love the look so cute

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete