Social Media Icons

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Cruelty-Free at the Drugstore – Walmart

Cruelty-Free at the Drugstore – Walmart

|| Originally Published for Denver Style Magazine Blog ||

Last month I found cruelty-free brands and products at Walgreens (see post here). This month I thought I'd write about a discount store that may be intimidating for those looking to use cruelty-free makeup, Walmart. I shop quite a bit at Walmart for household needs, but after perusing their beauty section I realized what a great option they are for cruelty-free beauty!
Walmart's beauty department has expanded over the last few years or so and they have a good offering of cruelty-free brands, such as:

Physician's Formula
ELF
Wet n Wild
Flower
Burt's Bees
Hard Candy (unfortunately my Walmart didn't have this in store to try)



When I stepped into the Walmart beauty department, the 1st brand I had to checkout was Physician’s Formula. I love their liquid eyeliners and have heard wonderful things about their Shimmer Strips. After using it for a while now, it’s one of my favorite products! Following along those lines, I nabbed this shimmery pink blush from ELF and I love it! It’s a subtle color but really brings my complexion to life. With these great steals I started to put together my look!



After foundation and concealer I multi-tasked with the Shimmer Strips as a bronzer, highlight, and eye shadow. It’s so versatile and lasts really well throughout the day. I really wanted to define my eyes and make them pop for this look. For this I used a felt tip eyeliner to do a dramatic wing (well if my eyes weren’t hooded it’d be dramatic!). And brought a little shadow and liner to the lower lash line to accentuate my eyes.



I added my mascara and the ELF blush to finish everything up. And then, totally like me; I forgot to do my brows! Oh well, it is what it is, right?! I would recommend that step though, eyebrows complete a look. I finished off with the Burt’s Bees lip balm and a touch (I really mean a touch) of the Wet n Wild Lipstick in this blue-pink neon color.
As you can see, Walmart has a plethora of cruelty-free makeup options for the budget buyer!


Photos by Zanib Flynn || Facebook Instagram

Below are the products I used:
*products not from Walmart

Face
ELF Blush - Glow (not available at Walmart online)

Eyes
*Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - Waterproof

Lips

2 comments:

  1. I love hard candy. I bought there natural eye pallette thats gives you 9 colors 1 primer and eyeliner for under $9!!! It has day, evening, and dramatic and comes with a guide. I use it everyday. I always make my own combos depending on my mood but all colors are super compatable. It makes me sad for you that they dont carry it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sounds awesome, I might need to look online. :)

      Delete