Social Media Icons

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Went a Little Ulta Crazy!

It's been a while since I've gone a little nuts at Ulta, so I was due. And I made the most of it! I'd like to just say that shopping with my mom is always dangerous... for the both of us :) I'm always showing her new products and she's always telling me to "just buy it" when I'm indecisive about things. So to make a long story short; we went shopping, had fun, and spent way too much money.

Below is what I picked up and a first impression of the products I have tried so far.


Real Techniques
I have already sang the praises of these sponges here so I won't go into detail too much. But if you like a natural and lighter finish, these are awesome! They're great for blending in concealer too.

I have heard about this brush for foundation for so long and could never find it. But now after months (years?) of searching I found it and can't wait to give it a go.

It's a 10
Again, another product I've already raved about (here) but I really love the way this detangles and softens my hair.

Batiste
Hint of Color Dry Shampoo - Dark & Deep Brown
I'm always on the hunt for a great dry shampoo. As a greasy-scalped gal I rely on this stuff for second day hair. Batiste is pretty good, I really like that this is colored as well so it doesn't take much rubbing in. Overall a good product, but I'm still on lookout for one that will wow me.

NYX
Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand - Porcelain and Yellow
Another item I'm always looking for... concealer. I have tried Too Faced, Flower, NYX, and more and haven't an amazing concealer for my under-eye circles or breakouts. I've heard good things about these though so I'm really yearning to try them. But I want to use up some of my others first...grrr...




One of my fave Youtubers, MakeupByTiffanyD, has been raving about this palette for a few months now and I had been thinking of purchasing this. So when Ulta had 40% off NYX products I scooped it up, and I'm glad I did. I haven't done a full contour with it yet, but I have tried it out. See my swatches below:

As you can probably tell the highlight powders are subtle and great for pasty girls such as myself.                                            
  1. A shimmery highlight that's white/pink in hue and gives a more dramatic shimmer to the face. 
  2. I use more as an all over face powder and it leaves a wonderfully natural finish. 
  3. A yellow powder to brighten up under the eyes. I'll be honest I don't know how I feel about yellow under the eyes quite yet, but I'm trying it.
  4. A more champagne-y color great for a natural highlight and blends wonderfully with blush.

 The contour powders are very pigmented and a little dark, I have to use a light hand when applying. And although it's hard to tell in this picture, they are all a distinct color. So far I really have only used the 1st 2 colors which are a warm lighter brown and a gray-brown. They do provide me with some great color.

Overall I'm really excited to play around with this palette and see what it can really do!

I'm not 100% sure what an eyebrow gel is supposed to do... I know it's to hold your eyebrows in place. But are anyone's eyebrows just roaming around going all wonky? I guess I have tame eyebrows. But anyway I have used this just to see what it did and I do like that it defines my brows in a subtle way for those days I don't want to go all out. So I guess I do like eyebrow gel... hmm...

AG
Finally, whew, we're almost there! AG is a brand I've been wanting to try so when I saw this texturizing spray on sale I said hell yes! I have been wearing my hair curly more lately as it's easier in this humid/rainy weather because my hair is naturally curly. So usually I blow dry the roots because they look funny if I don't, pop some curl cream in the ends and go to sleep (sometimes I will do a french braid), then when I wake up it's straightening the bang-area and off I go. I like the idea of this spray though as it helps define your curls and separate them, and it gives you some volume. I've only used it once thus far but I think it delivers.

Well thank you all for staying till the very end of this long haul. I will keep you posted if there are any stand out (or downright bad) products!

Oh and I thought I'd add this blooper picture! This is what happens when you blog and own a pet... you have no idea how many cat and dog tails and noses I've had to crop out of my pictures!!!!

Update: I had previously stated that Batiste and It's a 10 products were not cruelty-free, that is incorrect. They both are cruelty-free products.

2 comments:

  1. Every once in a while you have to go a little crazy, so Ulta is a great choice. I love NYX products. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I try of NYX the more I like, they're great for the price!

      Delete