Social Media Icons

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July Petit Vour Box

I know I'm usually really positive about the Petit Vour box I receive each month, as they have all been really great products. However, I think July has been the best yet! Not one product I'm not completely excited about. So let's take a look at what came this month :)


Luxe de Mer
Gentle Face Cleanser
I was really intrigued/excited when I saw this cleanser. If you, like me, are really lazy in the morning when it comes to washing your face, this might be for you. Usually I forgo the whole washing my face situation in the a.m. in favor of a cotton ball and some toner to wipe of the night's grime. But I always feel the I should be really washing. This product kind of balances the 2. You put it on a cotton ball and run it all over your face, then with a wet wash cloth wipe it off. It's really easy and it feels wonderfully silky on the skin. I am actually excited to wash my face in the mornings with the product. Yay!

AILA
Nail Lacquer - Doolish
Nail polishes have been some of the most exciting products for me in these boxes, as I've never really known where to find natural and/or vegan polishes before. Unfortunately, much like the other vegan polishes, the lasting power on this one isn't great, not horrible, but not great. It lasted about a day almost 2 on my nails before it started chipping. Now granted I didn't have a base coat on, but still that's a little much for me. Also, I didn't love the brush or formulation of this for my hands- the brush is too thin which I find wipes off as much polish as it puts on, and the formula took about 3 coats to look good. However, on my toes I've that this polish is a great summer color and has lasted a week already, so I'll keep it for at home pedicures :)

Nubian Heritage
100% Organic Shea Butter Infused with Mango Butter
I haven't tried this one yet, but it smells sweet and fruity and delicious. Sounds great!

Routine
Cream Natural Deodorant - Sexy Sadie
I've tried a few natural deodorants and have yet to be wowed, but I'm interested in how this one will do. I haven't tried a cream deodorant yet and I really like that this one has clay to act more as an antiperspirant than the other natural deodorants I've tried. My only issue, though, is the smell of this. It that's stereotypical Hippie scent with a lot of patchouli, not my fave. But I think I'm going to give it a go anyway. We'll see if it impresses.

Again, I was really thrilled with this month's box as there are all sorts of innovative and really useful products to try.


1 comment:

  1. The mango butter stuff sounds great for summer parched skin, yum!

    ReplyDelete