Social Media Icons

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April Favorites 2015

First off, I apologize for not being as present on the blog recently. Things have been tough and getting to me lately and I've had a difficult time finding the motivation and subject matter for posts. I will hopefully be posting some more about this in the future. But for now, I'll try to at least keep the weekly posts going and hopefully I can increase from there.

Ok no more Debbie Downer... let's talk about April Favorites. There have been a few things that I've been absolutely loving this month! Disclaimer - Please be aware that the perfume is not cruelty-free.


Coach
Poppy/Poppy Blossom Rollerball
I have a terrible time picking out perfumes as I spoke about in this month's Ipsy bag post. But I was hanging out in Ulta one day (as you do) and smelled this deliciously sweet, fruity, and flowery scent. It was like a sniff of happiness. This was the Coach Poppy I smelled, I didn't learn there were 2 scents until later. And of course they were out of it the 2 times I went to purchase! Then on a spur of the moment trip to Sephora I found it and haven't looked back! I love both scents and wear them almost daily.

It's a 10
Travel Size Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin
I bought this product on a whim from the travel-size bins at the check out line. I had heard about this product from Essie Button and thought, hey I like soft hair! So I grabbed it... and the rest it gloriously silky history!  Now it is a little pricey, especially for the travel size, but I do think it's worth it. Before I blow dry my hair I put in this product right after my shower, then after my hair has dried I add a heat protectant and mousse. I do use a lot of products, but I can immediately tell the difference when I don't use this one. It just makes my hair smooth and silky and I think it helps hold the blow dry as well. Overall I <3 it and want more!

Real Techniques
Miracle Complexion Sponge
Wow do I love this sponge! It makes blending in foundation and concealer a breeze! I start by wetting the sponge until it gets really soft and a bit larger, then I wring out all the water and squeeze it a few times in a towel... I really don't want all that water. Then I squeeze some foundation onto the side of sponge (a little does a long way with this) and dot it over my face. And then the fun of pushing/bouncing the sponge all over my face to blend it all in. It works quickly and I feel it gives such a lovely, real-skin look to the makeup! I usually use the flat end to do areas like my nose and chin and the pointed end for blemishes. Overall this thing is awesome, especially because I've had such issues lately with getting foundation to lay right on my skin.

Mom's Necklace
Ok, so you can't just find this one everywhere, but I love it so much I had to share! My mom has been beading for a few years now and I definitely reap the benefits. But I just love this necklace she made for me this month. The turquoise is beautiful and enhanced by the smaller green and white beads. Also a benefit of my mom making my jewelry is that I can get it to fit just exactly where I want it. No awkward in the shirt/on the boobs necklaces here! Thanks Mom, this is great!

Sorry this post was so wordy... I guess I had a lot to say. Have a great all!

2 comments:

  1. The Coach perfume sounds gorgeous, I don't think I can get it in the UK :(

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cool necklace! I love that your mom made it too, awesome!

    ReplyDelete