Social Media Icons

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

25 Random Facts About Me

Well I've been doing this blog for about 10 months now and I think it's about time you all get to know me a little better! Below are 50 true but random facts about me... enjoy!


  1. I am a Gemini in most ways, except for that whole social butterfly thing.
  2. I love talk radio, NPR and morning/afternoon talk shows. I only listen to music for certain occasions.
  3. I seriously dislike (seriously, seriously) any type of melon! It's a texture thing.
  4. My favorite food of all time is sushi. I've been eating it since I was 1 and have never looked back!
  5. I once memorized Pi to 203 decimal places for a contest (which I lost) using Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, but the next year I still remembered it to 71 places and one a free college course! To this day I can recite it to about 21.
  6. It took me a long time to narrow down what I wanted to do with my life; I have wanted to be a Marine Biologist, Archaeologist, Lawyer, and Graphic Designer.
  7. I am a huge nerd! I love sci-fi and fantasy movies, books, and TV and of course I love learning about history through documentaries, museums, and books... yes, yes I know.... nerd!
  8. I am horrible at telling jokes. I only know 1 and it's really long and terribly dirty....
  9. I rarely like (and often hate) actresses on movies and TV and the characters they play. I just feel they either aren't getting the strong women character right in media. Sorry this is a big pet peeve of mine, excuse the rant. 
  10. I do think Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) is one of the best female characters of my time though!
  11. My favorite books are all fantasy series: Harry Potter, The Golden Compass, Percy Jackson, and Eragon!
  12. I love love love Disney movies! A Goofy Movie might be my favorite.
  13. I am not a hugger, my hugs are reserved for family and close friends only. Watch out, I can dodge a hug like nobody's business!
  14. I am hugely sarcastic, which translates terribly into blog form :( 
  15. I hate cardio, but love weight training!
  16. I have a minor obsession with blue and white ceramics.
  17. I like crime dramas but they scare me, so I can't watch them after dark.
  18. I have had all kinds of odd jobs: daycare, hostess, door-to-door sales, theme park, retail, and higher education!
  19. I'm scared of horses :(
  20. One of my worst fears is zombies - I hate the whole idea of them; the way they walk, how there's so many of them, being in a world where your constantly scared... eek I just gave myself shivers...blegh! Can someone tell me why they're so popular? I don't get it.
  21. I apparently am the spitting image of my mother, we look alike now and when we were young, I have the same issues as her, and we like so many of the same things!
  22. Oscar often has to encourage me to spend money on myself, I can get stingy with my money.
    He reminds me it's ok to go all out every now and again!
  23. I use "bananas" in place of cus words! It makes me smile and therefore less angry!
  24. I can rock a home french manicure - on my hands and feet.
  25. I cannot hum... it tickles and I don't like it.
Well that's about all I could think of about me, I hope this helps you know me a little better. Now it's your turn, I'd love to get to know you better. What's one fun fact about you?

2 comments:

  1. I detest the texture/layout of bell pepper seeds - you know when you cut them open? Ugh, I can clean them if need be but puke! sooo gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Isn't it weird what people can't stand? People think I'm crazy for the melon thing... but that texture is just awful.

      Delete