Social Media Icons

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Old Hollywood Cut Crease for Hooded Eyes

This last weekend was one of my cousin's Sweet 16 party. I've been helping plan the Old Hollywood themed bash for a few months now and it was really fun to see it all come together.

For my makeup I decided to try something dramatic and new, so Googled it of course! I found the cut crease look and decided to give it a try. I was worried about doing the look with hooded eyes, because they often get in the way of pristine lines and such. But I figured it out. See below for how I did it, and a party pic bonus!

First I started with an eye primer and these sticky notes to keep a straight and pronounced line in the makeup. These are great for keep a look clean and that line sharp, love it, but I look like a freak!

1) Here I had added a light brown blending color into the crease with a fluffy brush to keep things flowing and blending.

2) Then to add the cut with a dark brown color, which I went over with black. I used an angled eyeliner brush for this. I would recommend going in really lightly first to get the shape.
3) For hooded eyes, you'll want to draw the line a few millimeters above the hood, so you can see it. I know this sounds weird, and it feels weird... but trust me when you're done it looks good. Also, make sure to look straight ahead in the mirror at both eyes, because not every hood is alike.

4) blend above the "cut" line, don't blend below, you'll love the harsh line, but blend like crazy above.

 5) Pack white/off-white shadow onto the lid all the way to the line. Be careful to not smudge it. This really helps to define everything.

6) Take some of the dark brown on the outer, lower lashes. Add liner and highlight then remove the strips, you're done!

 You can see below that because of my hooded eyes, I have some funky spikes in my liner. But because I don't like to go crazy think to make it straight I leave them and I'm okay with it ;)

 Here's my final look:

Below is the makeup I used for this look

And now some party pics! We got most of our ideas from Pinterest (thank you Tara!) and I think it turned out so cute! It really was a great night! 





2 comments:

  1. Wowza! I saw the title and could not wait to read the post, the effect is lovely! Sultry, smoky and classy. I might bring some office stickies home and try this myself. You look stunning Amber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out at first, but it's pretty cool. And I think it would have been really messy if I hadn't used the stickies.

      Delete