Social Media Icons

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Bright Spring Makeup

Happy Spring everyone! Although my allergies have been going bananas, I am excited that Spring is here along with some warmer weather. I know I haven't posted a look recently (blog on that soon) but I was inspired this Easter Sunday to go all out with the Spring look.

For my makeup, I was trying out BareMinerals powder foundation, concealer, and setting powder. I've never used a powder foundation like this before so I bought a trial kit. I was concerned that I'd look all powdery, but it blended into my skin really well and had pretty good coverage. Also, I felt like it left me looking glowy, which is awesome for a powder!

I wanted a neutral eye because I was going to go with a bright lip. I know, shocking, I never do lips, but like I said, Spring inspired me :)


See the makeup I used below:

Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar | Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls | BareMinerals Up Close and Personal | Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes | NYX Matte Bronzer | Milani Baked Powder Blush in Corallina 

I found this at Marshalls, but can't find it online anymore :(
Then the hair... I really tried all sorts of new things! I decided to do a braided look, almost like a reverse milkmaid. But braiding is not my expertise and it turned out kind of cute! So I suggest giving it a shot :)

I did a dutch braid which is the opposite of a french braid in that you put the pieces of hair underneath instead of over the top... it's hard to explain, but it worked. I then attached the braided ends in the back and hid the hair ties. Finally, I sprayed the braids with dry shampoo and pulled (massaged) the braid to make it look bigger and fuller.

I like how it turned out! What do you think of this Spring look? Anything new you're trying this season?


No comments

Leave a Comment