Social Media Icons

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Better Blow Dry?

Does a better (more expensive) blow dryer give you better results? Up until recently I had never tested this question.

I have always been a cheap blow dryer girl ($30 or less). They would usually last me a year and then I'd get a new one... usually as a Christmas gift.

Then this last Christmas, Oscar went above and beyond to get me a more expensive blow dryer. I was unsure at first but now after using it for a solid 3 months now, I think I'm ready to give it a full review.

The blow dryer I am now using is the Babyliss Titanium Portofino Dryer from Ulta. The listed price is $139.95, but if you can wait for a 20% off deal it's better!

Behind: Revlon Flat Iron (find here)
When I first used the blow dryer, I used it solely like I've used my old ones in the past. I use medium heat on a high setting. This guy is definitely more powerful than anything I've used before, it was like being in a wind tunnel. Of course, this power leads to a quicker dry time on your hair, a little less fluff, and a little more shine!

Then, I started messing with the settings and I think I've got the perfect combination!

I start on the medium heat/high setting for drying near my roots/front/back of hair. Then I flip my head upside down and turn the heat to high and choose a medium power setting. This I use to fully dry the rest of my head. Then, finally, I flip my head back up, choose a part and use the same high heat setting to smooth out the hair and style the front bits.

I have noticed the most difference with this method. A) I get fewer tangles and B) my hair dries really quickly C) my hair is incredibly soft after!

Overall, I feel that my hair is less frizzy and more healthy and shiny after using this blow dryer. I think the combination of high heat and more power help speed up the drying process and therefore do less damage to your hair.

Here is my hair after using the blow dryer (sorry no pictures with my old one)



I am loving my new blow dryer and really hope it lasts for years to come!

If upgrading your blow dryer is not in the cards for you - I would suggest using a heat protectant to lessen the damage to your hair. And if necessary (I always found it necessary) use an argan oil or other shine product after to give your hair shine and conditioning.

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments

Leave a Comment