Social Media Icons

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

January Favorites 2015

Well another month has come and gone... and I have to admit I'm looking forward to warmer weather and less snow and cold! I love the winter up until Christmas and then I'm over it, so now I'm just feeling dreary.

But let's focus on the some of the positives from this month with my monthly favorites.


The Inner Guide 
2015 Planner
I've been using this planner daily to schedule in exercise, blogging, and other tasks. But more importantly, at the end of each week I go back through and fill out the sections on what I was grateful for that week, what were the areas of wellness I focused on, and I make notes on the week. I like to write how I was feeling, if I met all my goals, and overall what that week was like for me. So this planner has all become a goal book and journal for me. I'm really enjoying the intentional focus on my day-to-day life.

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
Soft Brunette
This was a bit of a ___ purchase as it was $36. But, I had a gift card so I decided I deserved a little luxury, and I'm glad I did. I've seen the tiny eyebrow pencils in the store and thought they didn't look like they'd work for me (too much work). But when I saw this large triangular pencil nib I had to give it a try. I've been loving this pencil! It applies easily and softly and matches my eyebrows perfectly. I've been loving the way this makes my eyebrows look. Overall a great product, a little pricey, but it's been fun!


Jordana 12 hr Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil
Espresso Last
This is an extremely soft eyeliner pencil. When you put it on you have a short time to smudge it out then it sets and doesn't budge. It does last the full 12 hours, even on my greasy lids. Also, this product only costs a few dollars so you just can't beat it! I had to go out and buy a black one!

Tarte Cheek Stain
Dreamer
I got this as part of a gift set this Christmas and I've been loving it for days when I want a more natural makeup look. I just swipe it on my cheeks and blend out with my fingers. I really love the natural looking flush it gives me and it lasts throughout the day.

Oscar Blandi (not cruelty-free)
Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray
Going cruelty-free for hair products such as dry shampoo and hairspray has been the hardest for me. I just can't find any readily available products; so occasionally I fall off the wagon and go rogue. This dry shampoo is really great, I love that it extends my hair washing! After using it, my hair looks clean and full of body. I've really been enjoying using this product!



2 comments:

  1. I want a Jordana eye pencil too - looks like a steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And they're easy to find at Walgreens!

      Delete