Social Media Icons

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

NYX Cosmetics - My Review

As NYX is a cruelty free company and very reasonably priced, I have bought quite a few of their products. So I thought I'd lay it all out for you, what I like, what I don't and which products I would recommend. Remember, this is all my personal opinion and I am not receiving any compensation from this company.

First, my overall impression on NYX Cosmetics is that they are a good quality product for a great price. For the most part their products deliver what they saw, offer good color pay out and last all day.

Let's begin!

#1: Dark Circle Concealer - I have tried many drugstore concealers as I have under-eye circles a raccoon would envy and none have worked as well as this stuff does. It has an orange tint that counteracts the blue but it doesn't show up as orange, so you won't look like an Oompa Loompa. It covers well and lasts pretty well throughout the day. The only down fall of this product is that it is a little thick so it can sometimes settles into those little lines, I have tried to thin it out a little with foundation and that does help.

#2: Adorable Shadow Palette - This is by far the biggest let down of the NYX products I've used so far, which makes me really sad as I was excited for a cheaper palette option for us girls on a budget! The two brown shadows on the left, and the pink do work really well; they have really great color payoff blend pretty well, don't crease and last all day plus some. But.... The light tan and other brown, which both are sparkly, and the white colors don't work at all. I was very disappointed with these colors. It's very hard to get any color on your brush or finger and forget about your lid. Grrr... but I suppose not everything can be great.

#3: Matte Bronzer - This bronzer is really great for both contouring and just general bronzing. I think it blends really well and doesn't look muddy on the face. I also like that it's matte, so there's no sparkle or shine which makes it really versatile and great for everyday wear. I also use it as eye shadow occasionally and it works really well. 

#4: Extra Creamy Round Lipsticks (Chic and Pure Nude) - These lipsticks are a great value, they go on smooth and are moisturizing, they last quite a bit and the colors are really pretty. At first, I didn't like the colors as I thought they were too light on me (I have big bright lips) but the more I wear them, the more I like them. I am just not used to lipstick as I've always been reluctant to wear it due to these big 'ol lips of mine :) Below are the swatches of each color, I think they're really nice and would for a lot of skin tones.The one on the left is a bright light pink and the one on the right is a pale nude, although it does look like melon in the picture.
Chic - a nice pretty like pink
 

#5: Retractable Eye Liner in White - This is just old fashioned eye liner, in white... I use this on my bottom water line to brighten my eyes and make them look bigger. It works pretty well, though it doesn't last as long as I want. But I guess that can be expected as it is in a "water" line.

Well that's it, my opinion of these products. Comment below and let me know if you have any NYX favorites!

2 comments:

  1. That white pencil trick on the H2Oline looks interesting to try, I wonder if you could use it on your face for contouring as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be able to, but this particular pencil is kind of waxy. I don't think it would blend very well. Maybe with a jumbo pencil that would work.

      Delete