Social Media Icons

Friday, June 20, 2014

A Week In My Wardrobe -- Summer Work Style

Well this week's post took a while!

I decided to take a picture each morning of my outfit to show you all what I've been wearing.
MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY

And this is what I wore! Work outfits have been one of the hardest personal style challenges for me. I constantly struggle with dressing too young or too old and too casual. Now granted I've never gotten in reprimanded at work for clothing, so I'm not wearing inappropriate things. But I am still trying to find the balance that I'm happy with, clothes I enjoy putting on in the morning, and clothes that are still stylish and professional. 

Also, I don't know if anyone else has this issue but I struggle with finding stores to shop in. In Forever 21 much of their stuff is a little too young for me, where as most of the stuff in Ann Taylor I feel is a little too old. Does anyone have any suggestions, or am I just being crazy about this "dressing for my age" thing?

Overall what style I would like for work is slim cut pants or skirts with a blouse and blazer when it's cool. I like the slim cut style because I've got hips people! And I really don't like when pants are cut to fall from my hip because I feel it makes the rest of me look big as well. 

So this is where I'm starting in my personal style journey for work. I think my goals will be:
  • To purchase some well made items that I will wear often and really love...here I come slim ankle-length pants!
  • Discover which colors I like and which ones look good on me... that purple on Wednesday may not be on the list :(
  • Find out which cuts suit me for shirts and that I can wear comfortably at work. I am a little broad in the shoulders and have a large chest, so this might be the biggest challenge.
  • Keep scouring thrift stores for those funky finds!
Below is a list of what I wore each day--
  • MONDAY - Shirt Express, Pants From Marshalls (similar style here), Shoes Kenneth Cole
  • TUESDAY - Shirt & Skirt Target
  • WEDNESDAY - Dress Thrift Store (similar dress here), Shoes Steve Madden
  • THURSDAY - Blouse Express, Pants Same as Monday, Shoes Aldo
  • FRIDAY - Blouse Thrift Store, Pants Maurice's, Shoes Same as Thursday
Overall, I this week was a challenge for me as I think pictures show more issues and problem spots than just a quick look in the mirror. It was hard for me to get over how the pictures showed I looked versus what I thought I looked like. So I will keep working on my confidence... and try to get back into working out!

Let me know what you thought of my clothes this week and if you have any suggestions for work outfits and stores!

Peace, Love & Sassy Style!

No comments

Leave a Comment