Social Media Icons

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

My Skincare Routine for Night

Skincare, so important. But why is it so complicated? You almost need to be a chemist to come up with the right cocktail. I didn't really get into skincare until a few years ago. For most of my teenage and early adult years I had pretty normal and clear skin. Don't shoot! I'm just trying to give you all the truth. And it's not all roses...

A few years ago my skin went banana pants and I got adult acne really badly all over my chin and under my cheeks. Then I started paying more attention to what was going on my face (previous skincare posts here and here and here).

Now about 2 years later my acne has cleared up, my skin is less oily and I have to thank my current routine for a lot of that. To see what my night-time routine consists of, keep reading. 
Please note that I am not an esthetician and although these product work for me, they may not work for you. 


I start with a full face of makeup and grab a washcloth.

1st Cleanse/ Makeup Removal

I take 1-2 pumps of the Body Shop Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil (1 on a light makeup day and 2 for full-on makeup) and massage it on my face for about 30 seconds.

I rinse the washcloth in hot water to get it wet and put the whole thing on my face. I keep it there for about 10 seconds. It helps loosen the eye makeup and it feels like a mini facial. I then wipe off all the oil and makeup.

2nd Cleanse

This gets off any residual makeup and the rest of the oil (I'll skip this step if it's super late). I take a pump of the Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Foaming Facial Cleanser and massage it over my face. Rinse with the washcloth.

Lotions and Potions

  1. I dab a small amount of Yes to Grapefruit Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream under my eyes. I do have to say this isn't the best as it hasn't really helped with my dark circles... so any suggestions would be appreciated!
  2. I rub a bit of the Honey Bomb All-in-one Ampoule all over my face, neck and chest. I love this stuff! It adds some hydration, some toning, and feels great. If I have time I use this to give myself a facial massage as it takes slippery for a while.
  3. I pat the OZ Naturals Retinol Serum onto my face, neck and chest. I wrote a whole post on how awesome this stuff is here. I stand by it, I'm actually out now and am a little desperate for more!
  4. Finally I take 1/2-1 pump of the Badger Damascus Rose Face Oil and pat it into my face neck and chest for hydration and calming.

Exfoliating

About 2 times a week I'll use an exfoliator to things fresh... and all the other good reasons you exfoliate. I use the MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub, it's a chemical and physical exfoliator so you get the best of both worlds. 



 Ahhh... a clean, moisturized face is always a good thing; redness, dark circles and all! Anyone else love the feeling of a clean face, it's so nice :)

Join the Conversation!

What's your favorite nighttime ritual?
Any eye cream recommendations?
What your skincare routine? Anything you're looking to change?

No comments

Leave a Comment