Social Media Icons

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sparkling Green Eye Makeup Tutorial

You may remember when I reviewed the Too Faced Love Palette (here), which spoiler alert, I loved! In that post I talked about trying to make the green section (Forbidden Love) work for me. As you may or may not know, I wear mostly neutrals on my face (especially the eyes) and don't venture into color territory often. But the two greens in this palette are beautiful! And I had to try.

And I have to say, I'm crazy about the finished product! I never thought green could bring out the blue in my eyes... but alas it did and it was magnificient. Okay, oaky, I'll stop my slightly narcisstic rambling and show you how I achieved my version of a green eye makeup that's sexy and sultry!


I started with a light ivory base eyeshadow color all over the lid, and a light brown lightly dusted through the crease with a fluffy brush

I took the light green sparkly color on a flat brush to pack it onto the lid, then followed up with some on my finger to intensify the color

I darkened the crease a little with a darker brown, focusing on the outer half, with a slightly less fluffy brush


Then with a angled brush I took the dark forest green color and patted it into the outer corner of my eyes creating a bit of definition

I cleaned up the edges and blended with a fluffy blush

On the lower lid I used the dark brown on the outer third and bronze in the middle


I dabbed a light highlight shade into the inner corners and on the eyebrow bone

Then I tightlined the upper and lower lash lines with a black liner

Add lots of mascara!

I kept the rest of the face pretty simple and used a peachy-pink blush and gloss to compliment the green


So this is my version of a wearable green eye look. What do you think?

Also, I was totally feeling my hair this day, let me know if you'd like to see a tutorial, it was super simple!

2 comments:

  1. I live this too! It's not crazy green, wearable but still different. Makes me think of fall and the holidays and that I want a green now, sultry! Yes on the hair tutorial, the waves look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think this look would be great around the holidays, maybe with a little more sparkle?! I will try to do a hair tutorial... I just need a photographer!

    ReplyDelete