Social Media Icons

Thursday, September 8, 2016

50 Questions that will Free your Mind

Read this list of questions over on The Rose Quartz and I thought what great way to get to know someone without the normal questions (i.e favorite movie, personal motto, etc...)
Grab a cup of joe or whatever your vice is and let's get into these mind-opening questions:

50 Questions that will Free your Mind


1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I have no clue! If I go by looks probably 23/24... they say I look young for my age. As for the way I feel... that would be difficult. Some days I feel 60 with the weight of the world on my shoulders. Other days, I feel mischievous and fun and could be a teenage. Though I would NOT want to be a teenager again, thank God those days are behind me.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
It's funny because at first I think failing is the scariest thing, but then if I never tried something I regret it so much more than if I had failed at it. I guess I need to remember that the next time my fear of failure gets in the way.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
It's easy to get stuck on what has to get done. You have to pay bills and go to work and and and and... but if we are really present in our lives we can change our attitudes to say I do all the have-tos to support my want-tos. Otherwise what's the point of it all? *dramatic much!
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Probably, I'm a talker and a writer, and a perpetual over-analyzer of everything I've done. So yes, definitely yes.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Oh.My.Gosh... so many things. I think overall I'd want us, humans, to stop hating on each other. Let's accept and respect other races, religions, abilities, beliefs, thoughts, sexual orientation, gender, etc... etc... etc... This life is hard enough to get through, why do we have to add to it with constant hate that fuels so many bad things?
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Helping others to grow and realize their potential. This is the reason I work in Higher Education after all. I just love helping someone gain the skills to go out into the world and become a productive member of society. Oooo maybe a lift coach!
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I'm settling for sure, unfortunately my chosen career (see above) has a lot of required education and stigmas. It can be hard to break out of the administrative side of things for the Student Affairs side... and make a living. But I'll keep at it!
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Um.... I'd hopefully have a family of my own as I'd only have 9 more years to enjoy it! And I wouldn't have spent so much time miserable because it was easier to stay where I was or put someone else's needs before my own! 
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I think life has definitely nudged me in certain directions or towards certain people. However, it's been all me to make the decision on how to react to a situation or decide on my course going forward! So I'd say maybe 85% me and 10% life and 5% F*ck It and go!
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Both, I really only want to do the right things right... Didn't really pick one there did I? If I had to choose, doing the right things. Who wants to do the wrong things right>
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
That's what'll get to me more than anything and I would definitely stand up for my friend! I'd try to be nice, but it would be hard...
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Yes. Nuff said!
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Probably though I can't seem to think of an example right now. It just seems like that'd be a thing though. 
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I think differently, my brain just does it's own thing. I like the way I think and I think it works for me most of the time :)
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
We're all our own people and if we all liked the same things life would be boring.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Travel! Money.... ah that cruel mistress.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Some anger and pain, but I'm working on it! And I'm doing better than I ever have before.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Ireland? It's green and pretty, great accents?!? I don't really know, I love Colorado and couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
If I'm impatient yes. And no it doesn't go faster, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something about my situation.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I'm not a genius, but I'm a worrier now. So I think I'd like to give the life of a joyful simpleton a shot. Seems nice.
22. Why are you, you?
Because! All my experiences leading up to this point have made me me, and I'm pretty cool.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I think so, I'm honest, loyal, fun, and trustworthy... am I a friend or a job applicant?
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
When a good friend moves away, I'm terrible at keeping in touch. :(
25. What are you most grateful for?
My family! There's no family in the world like mine.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I would rather lose all my old memories. I know that seems terrible, but I wouldn't want to solely live in the past. And it could be interesting to only ever have your future in front of you!
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Wow, now that's a deep question. I think you question things more and more as you grow, so though I accepted as a child that the sky is blue, as an older child/teenager you question whether that's true. It can be blue, red, yellow, and let's not even start on the whole why it's blue business.

So I guess the answer depends on your stage in life. My stage in life now, definitely no!
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No. And we don't talk about it... it's a fear!
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
No, not really. And it definitely doesn't matter, I'm moving on (moved on?)
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
I have a lot of great childhood memories! I think one great one is at a science museum we used to go to in San Francisco. I remember there was a giant whale and DNA that you could climb on and all sorts of interactive exhibits... it was so fun!
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
??? It's been a rough recent past... I don't have an answer for this one, sad.
32. If not now, then when?
Tomorrow, always tomorrow lol!
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Dignity, money, pride, time, I don't even know what it is and I've talked myself out of it!
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Nope. Awkward! 
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Oh don't even get me started on this rant. It's just crazy! 
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Absolutely not.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Hell yea! I'd go back to school and get a job I really enjoyed!
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work I enjoy! I like to stay busy, but it sucks if you don't like what's keeping you busy. 
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
No not really, I try not to think like that. It'd be really hard to keep going if I felt like every day was exactly the same and nothing changed.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Almost never, if ever! I am extremely methodical and a super-planner, that sounds terrifying to me.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
We'd all get together at my Grandma's house and talk and bullshit and cry! This question sucks BTW, how rude!
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Nope, I'm good.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Being alive is just surviving the day to day, you know? Going through the motions. Truly living is being grateful and present in one's life; even if it's a mundane day. If your actively trying to enjoy your life than you are truly living!
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
That's so hard because my brain kind of automatically starts calculating, it's ingrained in me. But I guess there have been a few times where I've tuned it out and just lept. And you know what that's never worked out for me... I'll keep calculating I think.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Mistakes are hard as they feel like you're admitting you're wrong or not good at something and that takes a lot of courage. But I guess we should get used to it because everyone makes mistakes all the time.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Hmmmm... that's a thinker. I honestly don't know, I don't feel that other people's judgments have changed my path too much, I just do what I like and am good at. I might have avoiding getting married, that was a kind of pressured situation. 
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Whenever I do yoga, so 2 times a week. It's so relaxing to focus on your own breath for a while. It's kind of empowering too. I know breathing, empowering weird! But true!
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
My family, I hope so... I'm not the most lovey-dovey person in the world but I try to do things to show them I care. I hope they know it!
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
No, no and no. It's been a kind of boring few days. But I'm okay with that because they've also been really good.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I make my own decisions, dammit! I ask for advice sometimes (mostly from my mom) but I really just do what I think is best for me.

Join the Conversation!

Wasn't this fun?
If you thought so than I challenge you to answer these questions, they're so thought provoking, you won't regret it!

No comments

Leave a Comment