Social Media Icons

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Skincare Tag


Describe your routine in 5 words.
Not what it should be. Even though my skin has gotten better, I still am breaking out and have scarring so I'm still trying to find that product that will really help clear my skin. I'm thinking of trying a product with retinol next.

What's your skin type?
Combination/oily with acne scars and blemish-prone.... erg adult acne! And I'm also trying to do a little anti-aging as I'm getting older.

What is your favorite skincare product?
It might be a tie between The Body Shop's Camomile Oil Cleanser and the MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub. The cleanser breaks through makeup like it's nothing with little effort and leaves the skin fresh and clean without striping it. The scrub is both a physical and chemical scrub; I leave it on for 5 minutes and then scrub and rinse it off. My skin feels baby soft, brighter, and clearer afterward.

Top Blemish Zapper
Tea Tree Oil and products that contain it! Love this stuff for painful new outbreaks, it dries them out pretty quickly.

Face Wipes... yay or nay?
Only when I'm traveling or at the gym. Otherwise I feel you're not truly cleaning your face and it seems wasteful to use all those wipes all the time.

Toner... yay or nay?
Yay! I didn't know if I was a true believer until I started having all this trouble with breakouts. Then I found toners really help even-out the my oil production, treat acne, and give me some non-oily moisture.

High end skincare or high end makeup?
I would say high-end skincare although I don't really own much of either. Budget friendly makeup and skincare for all!

What's the most universal skincare product you've tried?
One of the scrubs: MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Scrub or Yes To Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub. Everyone can use exfoliation in their life. Exfoliated skin = happy skin!

You're in a drugstore and you can only pick up one item, what would it be?
I'm going skincare... since that's the topic... and it would be Yes to Grapefruit or Tomato face scrub. This stuff is life... it keeps my skin soft and clear! Also a shout out for Burt's Bees chapstick, I could not survive without it.

Top Skincare Tips
#1 - Pay attention! It has taken me almost 30 years to figure out my skin and what it needs. Which is
       Slightly ridiculous.
#2 - Only try 1 new product at a time so you'll know who's the culprit if your skin reacts negatively.
#3 - Be kind to your skin, it's all you've got. When I used to get a pimple or now when my adult acne
       flared up, I would go at it like a bat outta hell! And I did so much more harm than good, my skin
       would get worse, dry, and oilier... just nuts. So when I slow down and go with more soothing
       calming products I have much better results
#4 - Lastly, don't be afraid to experiment. Try toners, physical and chemical scrubs, different
       cleansers, moisturizers, serums, etc... That's the best way to find what you really like! And
       don't forget #2.

My Current Routine

In the a.m. 
I keep it simple in the morning; wipe off the nighttime gunk with a toner-soaked cotton pad (Lush Tea Tree Water) and moisturizer with SPF (Yes To Grapefruit Day Moisturizer).

In the p.m.
Now here's where I get fancy! To cleanse at night I...

  1. Remove my makeup with The Body Shop Camomile oil cleanser
  2. Follow-up with a cleanser (currently I'm using The Body Shop Tea Tree Cleanser, but I'm not in love with it.
  3. Use the Honey Bomb Ampoule as a serum (in the summer, this is what I use as a moisturizer as well)
  4. Eye cream to keep those crows feet at bay (Nourish Organic Eye Cream)
  5. Then as a moisturizer I use Mitchell and Peach face oil... I know crazy thought for oily skin! But it leaves my skin nourished, soft, glowy, and not at all oily :) 
  6. If my skin has those new and painful blemishes, I'll use the tea tree oil at night. 


No comments

Leave a Comment