Social Media Icons

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Cheap Simple DIY Haircare Miracle

Hair... I love it and I hate it. But recently although my hair has felt mostly healthy I've been having some interesting issues with it:
  • Tangles that just won't come out (I mean blow drying was a pain)
  • Hair falling out, in slightly alarming quantities
  • Flyaways
  • And overall just a not-as-soft-as-I-wanted texture
I use conditioner (of course) and only wash my hair every other day and have always had pretty healthy hair. And I haven't had tangle issues since I was young. So I went to my best friend, Google, to figure out a way to deal with this.

There were lots of hair mask options, but let's be honest, I'm not gonna waste an avacado or banana on my hair. But then out of all the DIY masks, and oils, and other ideas came a little ray of hope... Apple Cider Vinegar.

I have heard of all the many health and body benefits of using Apple Cider Vinegar - Toner, blemish treatment, weight-loss supplement, etc.... so I had a bottle that I'd been holding onto for over a year that was waiting for its time to shine!

And shine it has...


I mix 1 part Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar to 2 parts water in a spray bottle (you can just eyeball this, it doesn't need to be exact.

Then in the shower I shake the bottle and spray from my ends to my roots. I get right in there, to the scalp. Massage a bit and add conditioner. Then rinse out as you usually would with your conditioner. 


You may not notice a difference at first. I really figured it was doing something when I went to brush my wet hair (I know, I know that's bad... but I'm gentle) and there were ZERO tangles, the brush just slid on through. 

After using this every wash for about 2 weeks now, I've definitely noticed less fallout, more shine, and of course softer hair!

Warning... your hair will smell of vinegar for a while! But with a nice smelling conditioner and detangling spray, the smell is usually gone by the time I blow dry (usually an hour after my shower).

This vinegar is well worth the $10 as it'll last you a long while and it will change your hair! Not to mention all the other fun uses you can test with it.

Do you have any hair or skincare secrets from the kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. Holy hair goals batman! Love the color, texture, shape and shine! My only kitchen thing is coconut oil as lotion but it gets all over the place so wrap yourself up if you put it on. Absolutely trying the ACV spritz trick, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete