Social Media Icons

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Holiday Makeup without the Sparkle

I enjoy a fun holiday look as much as the next person, but I'm not always in the mood to be sparkly and full of glitter. Ok, I'm never really in the mood for glitter, it's just not my thing.  So I decided to do a fun going out makeup look that would be suitable for the holidays or New Year's Eve as well.

And ignore the plaid... not a party look, but festive!

I hope you like it!




I used the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette to do this look. Here's how I did it:

  1. A light neutral brown blended into the crease (Warmth)
  2. A medium brown all over the lid to start darkening things (Mocha)
  3. Mix a dark brown and black to pack over the lid (Noir and Java)
  4. Pack until the desired darkness is achieved, I didn't want full black so I didn't go all out.
  5. Blend the edges
  6. Add a light color to the brown bone and inner corners (Transforming Pearl)
  7. Use a black eyeliner to tightline and line the lids (Milani Liquid Eye in 01 Black)
  8. Add lots of black mascara (Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes)
To finish off the look I did a light pink blush and neutral lip. What do you think would you wear this for a party?

No comments

Leave a Comment