Social Media Icons

Friday, November 27, 2015

What I'm Thankful For - Week 4

Well this is the last week... it's officially the end of #ThankfulNovember. As always, I feel so much better when I'm focused on the positive things in my life and have a gratitude attitude. Although this hasn't been the easiest month or year, focusing on the things I can be thankful for really helps my attitude and my overall outlook on life.

Don't get me wrong I get down sometimes, but now I'll have these lists to go back to and remember how truly lucky and blessed I am! Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I hope you had a great holiday!

For this week I wanted to focus on the bigger things in life and the important things that I'm thankful for.

I am grateful for:

  • My dog Sage, and cats Styx and Jack - It's so nice to have someone to be happy when you come home, offer snuggles, and make you laugh.
  • My job, home, and car... even though I may not always be happy with these things, I have them and that's something!
  • My family - there's just so much to say about them I don't even know if I'd ever be able to write it all down or truly express my gratitude but here's a few of the things my mom, brother, grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, and second cousins do (yep it's a large family):
    • Hugs when I'm feeling down
    • Hilarious (and sometimes disgusting) jokes and chats
    • Laughter
    • A warm welcome
    • Constant support and caring; whether it's through a call, a thank you, a "I'm here for you", a long talk, an invite to keep you from being lonely, or an "I love you"
    • Babies who are learning and growing and laughing and so much fun
    • A mom who's there no matter what (even when I'm sassy)
    • A brother who offers me so much help and is just fun to hang out with
    • A BCF (best cousin forever) who's just like my sister and has been such wonderful support this year
    • Again there's just too much because without my family I just don't know where I'd be in life
  • My health - overall I'm pretty healthy and my complaints are minor compared to so many
See I just have so much to be grateful for each and every day (I might be crying a little as I'm writing this). It's been a rough year for me and the only way I'm surviving and healing is remembering these blessings. I hope you all are able to keep that gratitude attitude going throughout this holiday season!

1 comment: