Social Media Icons

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

2 Exciting Cruelty-free Drugstore Foudations



I've been on the search for an amazing foundation, as I'm sure we all have at one time or another. I'm looking for one with light-to-medium coverage, that's a natural finish, and for all-that-is-holy doesn't look cakey. And damnit everything seems to look cakey on me. I'd spent hours in Sephora swatching my hand and found nothing that seemes interesting. It wasn't until I was at Ulta with my mom that I found 2 options that caught my eye.

On a whim I bought them both and I'm so glad I did! These 2 foundations have impressed so much more than the dozen I tested from high-end brands. 

Okay no more gushing, here are my 2 new favorite foundations!


The Everyday Foundation




This is an extremely lightweight foundation that evens out my skintone and provides just enough coverage to make me do a happy dance. Also great pluses; it contains SPF 50 (which is awesome!) and it doesn't look cakey! Also, it seems to last a good 6-8 hours on my skin, which is a rarity indeed. Score! For only around $11, I think this stuff is awesome for everyday wear. 

To use: I use mostly the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (which I wrote about here), I just dip it in the cushion and away I go! 


The Custom Coverage Foundation



A few years ago I wrote about the Cover FX Cusom Cover Drops which I really liked but I found it hard to justify buying the foundation plus a good medium to mix it with... talk about pricey! So I was very excited to learn that NYX just launched a similar product for around $14 - which is a little expensive for the drugstore. But it's worth it, trust me. 

You can customize your coverage by using more or less drops. It blends and spreads out pretty damn amazingly across your face and provides a nice natural/satin finish. The staying power on this is about the same as the Physician's Formula, though I do find that I get a little extra shiny while wearing this. Nothing some powder can't fix. 

To use: I would suggest a Beauty Blender or Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (That's what I have been using) for a flawless finish. I dot the drops right on the sponge and then dab it all over my face before I blend it in. I use 3 drops for a medium coverage and 4-5 for high coverage. 

Half of me wants to say shit, I wasted my time with all these other products and testing! But the other half of me says yay! If I hadn't tested all those other foundations I wouldn't have recognized the gold on face!

I hope you all find your dream foundations too! And I'd love to hear what you're loving currently in the comments below. 

No comments

Leave a Comment