Social Media Icons

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Glowy Peachy Makeup

I've been downright sick of the snow and cold and wind we've been having here. This happens every year after the holidays, I'm done with snow but we still have about 3 more months of it. I'm just ready for spring!

So to get me out of my stuck-in-winter doldrums, I thought I'd do a really glowy, peachy makeup (a spring makeup if you will). It makes me think of flowers blooming, green, and sunshine. Here's what I did!

  • I mixed my a full coverage foundation with a skin illuminator to bring out the glow all over my face *oh yeah I did!
  • Then concealer and a light powder to set everything (beware this is not a long-lasting makeup, at least for us oilier gals)
  • I did a light contour in the hollows of my cheeks and under my jawline
  • For blush I used my favorite peach shade that is already provides a bit of a highlight, then I went over the tops of my cheeks with a highlighter for that pow on the cheeks!
  • For the eyes, I used an eye pencil in white as a base to keep the colors vibrant, and  I used the blush as an eye shadow because I was going for a matchy-matchy look
  • I shaded outer corner and crease with a light brown from my Naturally Pretty palette, then I touched up the peach shade with my finger, because I really wanted it to stand out
  • I finished off with some highlighter on the inner corners and brow bones, tight-lining in black, and lots of mascara as always
  • A neutral lip keeps the focus on the glow!
List of Products on My Face

Face
Eyes
Lips
What do you think of this spring look in winter? I'm definitely down for some color and brightness to lighten up these still-dark days :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your makeup!! Looks soo beautiful!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete