Social Media Icons

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

How to Pluck your Brows Just Enough

Although I know plucking your eyebrows is a beauty sin right now, I still feel like it's an important skill to learn. It has taken me years of overplucking to finally learn how to properly keep my eyebrows groomed, full, and not bushy.


Here are a few tips on how I do this:

  • To avoid overplucking, go in with a plan. I'll show you below how I map out my brows to pluck.
  • Remember your brows are sisters, not twins. If you go in thinking you're going to be able to match them perfectly... you'll definitely risk pencil-thin brows.
  • Focus only on your natural shape, pluck the strays and don't worry about creating a "desired" shape. More likely than not, your brows are already the best shape for your face :)
What You'll Need:
Here's where I started with my brows and my plucking process:
  • Start by brushing up the brows and feeling out your natural shape. 
  • Use an eyeliner to map the overall shape of your brows. 
  • Set the pencil against your nose:
    • Align with the outer corner of your eye for the end
    • Align with your iris for the arch
    • Align with the dinner corner of your eye for the inner edge
  • Due to the natural shape of my brows I do go off the iris a bit for the arch and a little further in for the inner edge, but this is a good starting point.
  • Then just pluck anything outside of the lines - I usually focus the most underneath the brows, but occasionally you just gotta go above. 
  • Again... just use a gentle hand and occasionally move back from the mirror to compare brows so you don't go overboard.
Mine look like this when I'm done:


Then just to show you all the final look I added my makeup and filled them in with the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette.


I do like a fuller brow that goes in a bit at the nose. I read somewhere that this helps slim the nose, I don't know if it works for that, but I do like how it looks on me. Also I tend to extend mine out a bit past the eyes with brow products to finish the look off.

I keep my brow products pretty light, but I've been seeing more blondes with darker brows and I think that looks pretty good. I might need to try it... what do you think of the light hair dark brow look?





1 comment:

  1. I like that look! Naturally pretty. I'm guilty of trying to make them twins years ago and now stuck with thin ones.

    ReplyDelete