Social Media Icons

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thursday Thoughts: Learning to Love My Flaws

As you may have noticed, I've been thinking a lot about confidence lately. How do I get it? Who has it? How can I be confident, yet still want to change things about myself? Am I confident?

All these questions I think about and I never really have any answers. But what I've come to think is that confidence is loving who you are as a person on the inside and loving and accepting those things you cannot change on the outside. Beware, I am still a work in progress, but I'm trying and learning.

Now I know, nowadays we can change just about anything! From nose-jobs and boob-jobs to liposuction and face lifts and everything else I probably can't even imagine. I am not judging anyone who does those things, do what makes you happy and feel confident!

But for me, one of my biggest insecurities is my nose. I think it's too big for my face and just there... all. the. time! So, why in the hell would I start a blog which almost solely relies on selfies? Why would I put my nose out there for all to see? Well I guess I thought I'd learn my angles (thank you America's Next Top Model) and just get used to it after a while.

Although, angles and posing are really important to my selfie process - yes, there's a process - I really have come to accept my nose and... maybe even love it! It makes me me and it makes me unique!

So I challenge you to take a look at your insecurities, flaws, whatever, and try to accept that it's a part of you! It makes you who you are... and that's awesome!

Here are a few pics of me flaunting my flaw (my nose)!







Happy Friday Eve Everyone! Remember to be kind to yourself cause you're the only you that you've got!

No comments

Leave a Comment