Social Media Icons

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New Year, New Hair


Okay, okay so I didn't make that big of a change, but my hair really needed a refresher. Really! The blond ombre with dark roots I got last time had grown out for about 6 months. I was left with my natural roots, a dark stripe at the middle of my head, and pretty blond ends.

Something had to be done!

So I went to Truly You Salon to see my hairstylist, Laura. She sorted me all out, though it took a bit of work. See how it went below!

Here's how I started, the blond had faded a bit and it's hard to see in this pic but there was a dark stripe between my roots and the blond. I was really liking my root color fading into the blond though I just asked Laura to refresh the blond and help sort out my stripe issue.


This was apparently a little more complicated than we realized. Laura ended up taking the blond up higher to get rid of the darkness, but then it took the blonde too well and she had to go back in and wipe away the bleach and tone it down a bit.

For a while there I was supporting my body weight (it seemed like it at least) in tin foil!


Here's my new hair the day after! I straightened it so you could see the difference more easily. I'm loving the blonde hair again, I really think it brightens up my face. And now without the stripe I'll be able to grow out my roots again and it will look good. Which means longer between sessions, which is always better on my wallet.


Don't forget to follow me on social media to stay updated on Amber But Better!

Twitter: @amberbutbetter
Instagram: @amber.butbetter
Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/amber-but-better-12951949

1 comment:

  1. That foil pic is incredible, you look like a Tim Burton princess, lovely results!!

    ReplyDelete