Social Media Icons

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Style Trials: Banana Republic Sweater

Style Trials: Banana Republic Sweater



First published on shopserenesky.com:

Well it's been a while since I've done a Style Trial, but fall is coming (FYI I'm so excited!) and I've bought this new blush/pink sweater and thought I'd think of some different ways to wear it. Pink is not a color I gravitate to often so I needed some inspiration :)

Outfit 1 - This outfit was work inspired, because I've definitely been in a rut when it comes to work clothes recently. But fall is the perfect time to switch it up because layers!!! Oh how I love them. 

For this look I wanted some nice ankle pants to make it work appropriate. Then these sneaker-loafer hybrid shoes are some I've been obsessed with recently... like I need these in my life! And finally the jean jacket for some added warmth in the office and it add a little more color. 

Outfit 2 - Another fashion issue I've been facing is figuring out how to wear my clothes for a night out, dinner, or just outside of work without looking professional, I hope that makes sense. I just want a way to make my clothes do double-duty I guess.

I figure what says fun and nighttime more than a leather (or pleather) jacket! A more tough biker jacket would add warmth for those fall nights and spice to the pink sweater a bit. Then dark skinny jeans and black ankle boots keep the outfit sleek and a bit sexy.

Jewelry, of course, is important to add personality, sparkle, and fun to an outfit. I really liked how this triangle necklace works with the neckline and the weave of the sweater. I also love how it can multi-task for either outfit, day or night!

As always when I do these posts, I think I've created a shopping list for myself as much as ideas for you all! But I am excited for the fall season with changing colors, cooler days, warm drinks, boots, football, and the start of the holidays. I get excited just thinking about it. But now at least I have a plan more or less for my fall uniform and I'm ready to go!

No comments

Leave a Comment