Social Media Icons

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Covering Those Dark Circles

Just like many of you, I suffer from dark circles. Big angry purple ones... it's a legit problem. So of course I've had to devise a way to cover them from the public eye. Here is the routine I use to turn my dark angry eyes into bright-eyed beauties!


Ok here is my naked face in 3...2...1...

First I apply my foundation (more on that new routine later) then I use a peach colored concealer directly on the under-eye area. I'm using the NYX Dark Circle Concealer right now and it works well; it covers and lasts. It does crease a bit after I powder but if you wipe them off quickly it won't crease again.

Most days, you know work days, this is the end of my coverage and I do think it works pretty well. But on full makeup days I like to add a little lightness under the eyes.

I take the concealer in a triangle shape with a few swipes under the eyes almost down the length of my nose. I've been using the Flower Lighten Up! Brightening Concealer Click Pen and it works well at highlighting although I find it's not the best at blending.

The best way to blend this area I've found is the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. Just wet it, dry it off in a towel, and then dab away until everything's blended.

See bright and beautiful! And then here's me with all my makeup, whew I needed some color back in my face.

Overall, I think the tricks are the peach colored concealer as it really does neutralize the dark blue/purple dark circles color. Then a color 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone in a triangle shape under your eyes to really brighten it all up. 

There are some other techniques I'd like to try using yellow concealer and/or yellow powder which is supposed to further brighten. I'll have to give it a shot and let you all know. And if you have any great tips for concealing your dark circles please comment with them down below, I'd love to hear.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, I just use cream concealer but I don't feel it does the job right. I am definitely trying this. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete