Social Media Icons

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

E.L.F. Haul

Sorry for being a day late, but here I am finally.

So I've been wanting to do a crazy cool Halloween makeup (oh it's coming, don't you worry) and finally I decided to buy the makeup. I went on the E.L.F. Cosmetics site. Then, of course, I got sucked in by the website and bought all sorts of fun stuff. So here's what I got!


Essentials Natural Lash Kit
I'm not normally a false lash person. I mean the glasses just get in the way and I have pretty long lashes on my own so I don't dabble often. But for this look I'm doing I thought they'd be fun. Unfortunately these didn't stick very well so I think I would spend more than a $1 next time.

Studio Matte Lip Color - Wine
This is actually a pretty berry color that's matte but not super dry looking. I haven't worn it for long but it seemed to wear well and had great payoff.

Studio Acne Fighting Foundation - Ivory
I have been on the search for a new foundation that does all the things I want it to do. And so far the high end brands haven't come through, so I thought I'd try the drugstore version. This was a good color match for me but unfortunately it doesn't last very long on my skin. Maybe for a short period this would be good. Also, don't apply this with a brush, I used the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and got much better results.

Studio Eyeliner - Black
For a girl who wore black eyeliner daily for around 10 years, I haven't owned a black eyeliner in months (good it be a year?). So it was about time I bought one. I haven't tried this yet, but I'll report back if it's great.

Essential Flawless Eyeshadow - Smoky
This is not a usual color for me but it's for the Halloween makeup. For being $2, these eyeshadows are really great. The payoff is awesome and the shimmer isn't overtly glittery but just really nicely glowly. I definitely will have to pick up some more shades.

Essential Brightening Eye Color - Luxe and Drama
Just because I can and it's a $1 I bought a second gray eye palette and a reddish fall colored one. I only tested drama, but compared to the smoky palette though, these do not have near the payoff. They are much more of a sheer wash of color. They can be built up but it gets patchy.

Studio Moisturizing Lipstick - Velvet Rope
Another product purely for Halloween, this a true and bright red. It's more sheer than the matte lip color but it's buildable. And I tried layering the 2 together, and they looked pretty awesome :)

No comments

Leave a Comment