Social Media Icons

Monday, November 24, 2014

Night of Music Makeup

Sorry this is late all, I unfortunately got sick this last week and didn't feel focused enough to write this post. But I'm here now... finally!

This is a follow-up to my last post where I posted what I wore to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra on November 15th. I also tried a new makeup look for my Night Out that I wanted to show you all! I was going for a dramatic smokey eye and I thought it turned out pretty well.

First, just so you all know... in reality I was trying to use a navy blue on the outer half of my lid, but it ended up looking weird and like I had a black eye, so most of this look is me trying to correct that. But all in all I really like how it turned out.


On my face I used my Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion to ensure that my makeup stayed in place and then I used the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to keep my eye makeup set (I do get the greasy eyelids).

For my face I used It Cosmetics CC+ Cream which has been my goto foundation lately. And to correct those little blemishes I used the Too Faced Concealer in Vanilla. And then I contoured with some bronzer from The Body Shop and this Blush from Estee Lauder (I know this is not cruelty-free, but it was a gift and I don't believe in wasting).


Next, for the eyes (the most important) I used the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Eye Palette for my shadow. I used quite a few colors to correct the blue, but here's the rundown of what I did :)

On the outside half of my eyelid I used a flat brush to pat in the navy (which I later covered with dark brown). Next I used the same brush but the other side with a lighter pink/beige shade for the inner half of the lid. Then I would pat the line where they met with that same brush but flipping it to each side to blend. 

To blend everything out and make it smokey I took a tan color on a fluffy brush and went around the edges. Finally, I put the shimmery shade in the palette in the inner corner and on my brow bone.

Then I finished off the eye look with my liquid liner (see tutorial here) and Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara.

And that's the final look. It just goes to show that sometimes a mistake can turn out to be a good thing.


Glad to be feeling better and I'm really excited for Thanksgiving coming up this week! Happy Holidays to you all!


No comments

Leave a Comment