Social Media Icons

Thursday, November 13, 2014

What I Wore - Night of Music

On Saturday I went (despite the snow and cold!) with my family and husband to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra play at the Pepsi Center!

I was so excited to watch the orchestra, hear my favorite songs and start the Christmas season off right. I really enjoy these events as they help me get into the spirit of the holidays and get to spend time with my loved ones.

Now the show was a little (ok a lot) more rock n' roll and a lot less Christmas than I hoped. But I still enjoyed the lights, lasers, fire, and showmanship of the show.

Of course, I love to dress up. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I had been planning my outfit for weeks. Sad, I know... but it's true and it makes shopping fun because I know it's for something special.

As you probably know from a few posts ago, I have been struggling with my body image recently and so at first I really reluctant to go out and buy new clothes. But I have been trying to eat better and have started to workout again (hello yoga!) so I decided, what the hell I deserve to look nice.

So below is the outfit I ended up going with - a soft black peplum top, great for covering what needs to be covered, a jacket, because baby, it's cold outside, leggings and some boots.

Although it was extremely cold outside and snowing, I was quite comfortable during the show and really enjoyed the entertainment!



Jacket - Thrifted
Top - TJ Maxx
Leggings - Marshalls
Boots - Me Too Artic Riding Boot (DSW)

1 comment:

  1. You look very stylish ~ I really like that jacket too, great for work or for going out!

    ReplyDelete