Social Media Icons

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Meet the Animals

I was taking some haul pictures the other day and kept finding myself bombarded by animals. I realized that although my pets are an extremely important part of my life, I hadn't introduced them properly. Yes, they've starred in some social media photos, but this here is a real introduction.

I have a busy household with 1 dog and 2 cats, they each have such distinct personalities and they each bring me joy every day. So, without further ado, here are my pets!


Name: Styx (like the band, not the river)
Age: Almost 8
Gender: Male
Breed: Mix - medium length hair

Styx is like a dog-cat; as a youngster he played fetch, he comes to his name, and greets you every time at the door. He's even better at telling when your home than the dog is. He's the oldest and therefore can be a little grumpy sometimes around the other animals. But he's also sweet and loves to cuddle and will head butt for love!

Most enjoys - being petted, playing in boxes, and constantly trying to get outside.
Doesn't like - when I catch him and bring him back in the house, or the dog.
Drives us crazy when - he goes into a meowing fit because he saw something cool outside.
Favorite toy is - A box or milk jug plastic ring
Sleeps - In our bed or on any blanket that's been left out.
Cutest when - he sees food he wants or he's in a good mood; he gets all fluffy!


Name: Jack (as a kitten she had just 1 eye open and I called her a 1 eyed Jack, so the name stuck)
Age: 7
Gender: Female
Breed: Mix - short hair

Jack is more of a cat's cat. She loves water (obsessed is more the word), if you turn on a faucet she is there. She loves to hop in the tub after you've gotten out and drink any leftover water. She also loves to be petted and gets super into it. She is more playful than her brother and likes to chase strings and feathers. She's also learned that if she's friends with the dog she gets more attention so now they're besties!

Most enjoys - being petted, playing in boxes, playing with feathery cat toys, snuggling under the covers or blankets.
Doesn't like - when she's not fed exactly on time or strangers.
Drives us crazy when -  she goes into a meowing fit, just cuz!
Favorite toy is - a feather cat toy or hands under a blanket.
Sleeps - in the guest room on the bed.
Cutest when - she is playing or turns on her back.


Name: Sage
Age: Almost 6
Gender: Male
Breed: Golden Retriever

Sage is our baby and our first dog together. He is so well behaved! He does have a lot of energy, especially when people come over to the house. But he loves to snuggle and relax too. Although he often gets mistaken for a girl (he's just too pretty for his own good) he is all boy! He loves to rough house, play fetch, run, and goof off! He makes me laugh all the time.

Most enjoys - snuggling up with mom or dad, playing fetch, going to the park and running, running, running, ripping stuffing out of his toys.
Doesn't like - squirrels, skunks (don't ask!), or bully dogs... he just bullies them back.
Drives us crazy when -  people come over and he gets a little too excited
Favorite toy is - a ball on a rope! The only toy that's lasted and he loves more than anything.
Sleeps - in bed with us (I know, I know, but you say no to that face).
Cutest when - he's snuggling or when he tries to get all cute so you'll feed him something.

And of course they're even more adorable when they're sleeping together (an unusual sight)!



Well thank you all for taking the time to get to know my animals! I just love them so much and they bring so much joy into my life... I had to gush for a bit! Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading all about your babies!! I can't believe how similar Muggle and Styx really are!! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Styx, Jack and Sage - you three sure look like special cuddlebugs, very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all very cuddly! And a little needy....

      Delete