Social Media Icons

Thursday, June 1, 2017

It's My Birthday! Success and Goals

Ah! It's my birthday and I'm 32 this year. Time keeps passing whether or not I want it to, but that's inevitable I suppose.


In all reality though, I'm loving my 30's; they're so much better than my 20's! I'm enjoying my freedom, I know who I am and what I want out of life, I'm able to do the things I want and am still looking forward to the future.

So last year I wrote 31 goals for 31 and I'm really proud to say that I've reached a majority of them! A quick rundown of what I've accomplished in the last year:
  • I purchased a condo and started living with my brother!
    • Things are going well and were working everything out together
  • I've started saying "yes" more to blogger events and collabs
    • And I've been so impressed with the friendly, supportive community here in Denver
  • I've been working on making new friends using the Bumble App (iTunesGoogle Play Store)
    • I've met some really lovely ladies, and it's great to have single girlfriends to talk to!
  • I've overhauled my diet, started with Whole30 
    • And have been eating pretty well since then (about 80% clean and 20% what I want!)
  • I've bought a swimsuit (2 actually) and will be wearing them on my vacation to Costa Rica this month!!! (more posts to come on this)
  • My attitude has been a lot better, I've been more grateful and focusing on the good aspects of my life... most of the time.
I think I did pretty well for myself last year. Especially because last year was a challenge and a year of growth for me. I had a lot of change, healing from my divorce, and focusing on myself to do. And I'm so glad I took the time to do it. I'm now stronger, calmer, happier, and enjoying life so much more!

A few of the goals I am still working on, so I'm going to roll them over to this year's goals. I have a lot fewer this year, but I think their really good ones.
  • Invest in nice, classic clothes that I feel great in. Really focus on my wardrobe and buy clothes I love!
  • Don't let fear rule. Sometimes the doubt and fear is more debilitating than anything, it can keep me from even trying.
    • I've especially had fear when it comes to dating; meeting new people and opening up has been so challenging for me. But I'm working on it!
  • Continue on my health journey - Run the Bolder Boulder 10K this year. I have a year to train and I want to do it!
  • Try something new (often)! Do something that scares me.
    • I keep meaning to signup for a spin class or Yoga on the Rocks and I constantly talk myself out of it.... no more!
  • Work on marketing my blog more and focus on the business side of things. 
    • Not my strong suit but it must be done
  • Allow myself to dream and want and reach for my goals instead of settling for the status quo and.or mediocre. I can do great things!
See only 6 goals this year, but they're big ones so I'm going to have to work hard. But I just know that 32 is going to be a great year! It has to damnnit!

Also my blog turns 3 on June 3rd, so I'm excited to apply these goals to my blog and document everything on here. This has been a great outlet for my makeup obsession and personal life. Thank you all for your support!

Let's Be Social! @ Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

No comments

Leave a Comment