Social Media Icons

Thursday, June 2, 2016

31 Goals for 31

Yesterday I turned 31, eeek!

Last year turning 30 was kind of crazy, I was newly single, newly moved, newly a lot of things. Over the last year things have settled and I've become more comfortable in my life.

I am now a year older and hopefully a year wiser. I thought to commemorate a new year in my life, I'd do a fun list... oh yes! I love a good list blog spot.


Below are the 31 goals I'm setting for myself for this year. I have big goals and small ones, and am not actually holding myself to completion dates and all that jazz. These are just what I've been thinking would be nice to accomplish.

Ok, here we go!
  1. Register for another 5K walk with my cousin and aunt.
  2. Purchase a townhome or condo, Colorado is an expensive place to live and a mortgage seems more doable than rent. Although the market isn't great for buyers, it's worth a shot!
  3. Learn how to live with someone else (my brother will be moving in and it will be a bit of a challenge).
  4. Buy a leather (or faux) jacket... it needs to be in my wardrobe!
  5. Visit Aspen, I've never been and I wanna.
  6. Try out a new dog park with Sage... exploring is fun with a canine companion.
  7. Reach out to old friends, and be better at staying connected (not my strong suit).
  8. Practice my photography skills, this blog is in need. Any tips or camera suggestions?
  9. Attend a blogger/local event, gotta step out of my comfort zone.
  10. Go on a hike or 5! I live 20 mins from the mountains, no excuses!
  11. Make new friends... I have an app for that! I'll be reporting about my experience soon.
  12. Buy a swimsuit (shudders...)
  13. Use that swimsuit to go swimming.
  14. Find new job working with college students (advisor, student life, etc), this is where my passion is and I feel less-than-great being out of this area right now.
  15. Create homemade Christmas gifts. I already have something in mind!
  16. Farmer's Markets, yes please!
  17. Try to eat fewer carbs and less dairy and more protein!
  18. Finish reading the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan and then buy all the books!
  19. Invest in nice, classic clothes that I feel great in.
  20. Find a natural deodorant that works and use it! One area in my life that's lacking a good cruelty-free option.
  21. Visit downtown Denver more, explore!
  22. See doctor about options for my Dry Eye Syndrome, follow through! 
  23. Blow dry my hair less, go au naturale! Gotta love those curls... or at least try.
  24. Keep a positive and grateful attitude. I can sometimes get rundown by thoughts of what I don't have... I need to remember all the wonderful aspects of my life!
  25. Blog more. Find inspiration and write about it, or just document what's going on in my life. (any suggestions for posts?)
  26. Get out of my house more. Some days I just want to stay in and not talk to anyone and chill, but I have to keep myself open to going out and doing stuff.
  27. Buy a bed frame. Right now I sleep on the mattress and box spring on the floor. I'd like to be a bit higher up.
  28. Focus on me and building a life I love and discovering the person I am!
  29. Save for a vacation! I have wanted to go somewhere to relax and recharge and get away for a while now, but haven't been able to afford it. Need to start saving.
  30. Stay in the here and now. Keep my focus on the present and not always the past or future. Life is right here and right now and I'll never get that time back.
  31. Don't let fear rule. Sometimes the doubt and fear is more debilitating than anything, it can keep me from even trying.
I feel this year is going to be great! I have been enjoying life and look forward to continuing to do so. I hope you all have a wonderful year as well and get to reach all your goals!

Join the Conversation

What are some of your goals for this year?
Any great vacation ideas? Where is an awesome place to go?

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more updates and snippets of my life! And Bloglovin' to keep up-to-date on new blog posts!

No comments

Leave a Comment