Social Media Icons

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Spring Wardrobe Wishlist

Spring Wishlist 2016




For this first time in years I'm actually excited for spring! I can't wait for warmer (but not too warm) weather, sunshine, walking the dog, hiking, and just being outdoors. 

I am also extremely excited for spring fashion. Now I know what you're thinking, "These aren't very springy colors, Amber." I know but I'm just not a bright or pastel type person. So this is my version of spring clothing! 

See below for the items on my spring wardrobe shopping list for the upcoming months.

Leather Jacket

I'll be honest with you, I wasn't completely sold on the leather jacket thing until recently. I don't know why, but now I'm on board 100%. I think I would opt for a cheaper faux leather version, but I loved the cut and texture of this jacket from Mango. It would toughen up any outfit and would also keep you warm on the cooler days or evenings. Also the coolness factor of a leather jacket is off the charts!

Flare Jeans

How long has it been since I've worn flare jeans? 5 years? 10? I don't remember. But this year I'm into them again. I'm loving a higher rise jean version to accentuate my waist and would wear them with wedges or platforms of some sort. I think high-waisted flares elongate your look and make your hips look slimmer - done and done.

Off the Shoulder Top

As someone who's not totally thrilled with the state of my body, I've had trouble finding feminine and sexy items I like. I think off the shoulder tops are a great way to show off my shoulders without showing my arms or stomach. It's my version of sexy and I really love this particular top. Prints can be a challenge for me but these red flowers are the perfect amount of delicate, feminine, sexy, and bad ass!

Sneakers

I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but sneakers are in! I know the most popular versions are all white. Let's be honest I'm not going to keep those clean so these red ones are perfect! They are still casual and add a little height with the platforms and would add a pop of color to my mostly neutral wardrobe. Yes please!

Cross-body Bag

I don't know about you all but I'm sick of big bags. They're awkward, make my shoulders and neck hurt, and they allow me to haul around too much crap. That's why this spring I'd like to transition to a smaller bag. Cross-bodys can be a little challenging for us larger-busted ladies but I think the right bag can work if the strap isn't too thin (it might disappear!) or too thick and if the bag sits a little higher on the hip so it's not so weighed down. I really love this tan color for spring, definitely not as harsh as black or white.

What are you wanting to add to your wardrobe for spring?

No comments

Leave a Comment