Social Media Icons

Thursday, April 7, 2016

March 2016 Favorites

March has been a challenging month beauty-wise as weather in Colorado was crazy! We had a few days in the 60's or 70's and we had a few snowstorms. So needless to say, my skin and hair were having some issues!

But that led me to find some really great products that worked wonders for me!


Badger 
Damascus Rose Face Oil

At the beginning of the month I ran out of night and day moisturizers - the struggle was real! I was really out of the day and needed a replacement quickly so I picked up the 1st cruelty-free option with SPF that I saw.... bad choice! My face had a really bad reaction and I got little red bumps all over my face. So I freaked and went online to find a night oil/moisturizer that was calming and soothing to help with the bumps.

Long story short, best decision ever! It turns out that the last few years of oiliness and acne could have been solved with oil! What?!? I had used oils before with some success, but they were light oils and oil cleansers, so I was nervous about this product. I put 1/2 to a full pump on my face at night and my skin has improved dramatically! The red bumps went away, I'm less oily, and my acne scars have calmed some. This affordable drugstore product has rocked my face! And having the best skin I've had in a long time.

It's a 10
Miracle Hair Mask

I've raved about the It's a 10 Leave-In about a year ago here and this mask was a 2015 favorite here.

I had to bring it up again because this mask is so good and the original tub is still going strong, it's been about 2 months now! I use it once or twice a week (I would use it more if it weren't for the price) and my hair is smooth, easy to brush, and oh-so-soft. I cannot sing this product's praises enough, but I promise I'll stop bringing it up. Just get some, you'll thank me.

Dermalogica
Clear Start Oil Clearing Matte Moisturizer - SPF 15

After the debacle with moisturizer earlier in the month, I did my research for a moisturizer with SPF. I found that this moisturizer had good reviews online for gals with oily skin as the name suggests. I took the plunge and haven't looked back. This is a light moisturizer that doesn't make me greasy at all, it actually holds the oils at bay for a good portion of the day. I do find, right now as it's still really dry here that it's too light for me, so I've been adding a drop of the Badger oil to help hydrate my skin. I do think during the summer months this will be great though. This is also provides a great base for under makeup, which is a plus :)

Wet n' Wild
Photofocus Setting Spray

I spoke about this recently in a New In: Wet n Wild feature and have since given it a thorough testing. I can honestly say I can't live without this setting spray now, I'm hooked. I use it every morning after applying all my face products. Usually before my eyebrow gel and mascara, though after works too. I do 3-4 spritzes across my face. This spray brings down the powdery look that can sometimes happen to leave my makeup looking natural and dewy. It also locks everything in place for a solid 6-8 hours. I love this stuff so much and have had to hold myself back from buying and hoarding more (at this price who wouldn't?!). But I will be purchasing a back up to make sure I don't run out!

There were some great products this month that I really enjoyed using! I have especially noticed a difference with my new skincare regimen. Let me know if you're interested in an updated skincare post.

Have a great April!

No comments

Leave a Comment