Social Media Icons

Thursday, March 24, 2016

New In: Wet n Wild

With my 30 at 30 Life Lessons posts going up on Tuesdays for the next few weeks, I thought I'd mix things up and put a makeup post on Thursday.. WHAAT?!?! I know, I'm crazy like that.

Ok, enough of that, now to the beauty products! I was watching a video by GlamLifeGuru, Tati, as you do. And she talked me into buying the new Wet n Wild Setting Spray and one of their blushes. Now to be fair I had recently run out of my Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray and was looking for a more affordable option.

As you may know I have the oily skin and find it hard to get makeup to stay very long. I have used this method with powder to keep my makeup going strong. It works, but I feel really powdery sometimes and wanted a different option. Cue Tati and her great review/enabling.

So on the way home from work I stopped off at my local Walgreens and had a browse and luckily enough I found the spray (the last one I might add) and I saw a blush she had raved about too. So I busted out my card and ran home to try them out!


Photofocus Setting Spray

The thing I was really after! At only $4.99 I wanted this to be great but wasn't 100% sold. But I gave it a good go for the first time, a night when I went out dancing (and sweating), and it really impressed me.

First off the spray, although a tiny bit wetter than I'd like, is pretty fine and immediately takes down that powdery look. That alone is worth the money :) But I did find that the spray helped my makeup stand-up to my awesome dance moves in a crowded sauna/dance floor. I don't think my oil kicked in a quickly as usual.

I've been using it since and again  it does help things to stick on my face longer and keeps my oil at bay. I don't know that it's All-Nighter good, but it's really good, especially for the price!


Color Icon Blush - Rose Champagne

Honestly I didn't need another blush, but it was Buy One, Get One 50% Off, so I said what the hell and took the leap. I haven't really given the blush a thorough testing yet, only the 1 night.

But as you can see in the swatch below it's not really a pop of color, at least not on me. I used it more to add a hint of sparkle to my cheeks. It's pretty sheer and complemented my pink blush really nicely. I really like the texture too, super soft!

Overall, I want to continue trying to use it in some different ways and will report back.


Well that's what I tried in the new Wet n Wild collection! Is there anything you've seen, bought, or heard about that you're excited about?

Also, are you following me on Bloglovin' yet? No, well you should, it's a great way to get notified of all your favorite bloggers' new posts!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely spring shade, I like how soft and wearable it is, how is the setting spray through workouts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the spray during a work out but if I do I'll report back :)

      Delete