Social Media Icons

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

30 Life Lessons - Confidence

Although I love sharing beauty looks and products with you all, I have wanted to incorporate more content into my blog lately. So I thought a series on 30 at 30 Life Lessons would be perfect!

Okay, you're 30. Well maybe not you, but me, I'm 30 and it's official I'm an adult.

Even though there are days I ask myself; Why I don't have all my shit together? Where am I going? How did I get here? I know that I am an adult, and I think a fairly put together one at that. So I feel like I might have some wisdom to drop for you all :)

I feel there are at least 30 (and probably hundreds more) lessons important to have learned or be learning but the time you're an adult. So I compiled my list of life lessons; also, I went to Facebook and friends and family helped to contribute as well.

This will be a series of 5 sections; Confidence and Beauty, Living with Intention, Self-Care, Finances, and Adulting. So stay tuned in the following weeks for more great info and to join the conversation!

This week we'll talk about the lessons I feel are important in;

Confidence and Beauty

  1. Know your skin type and how to handle your concerns. This may change on you, so don't worry. But pay attention to your skin, it's yours for life. After you take off your makeup at the end of the day take a close look in the mirror. Do you have bumps, spots, redness, bags, dark circles, wrinkles? Then tailor your routine to that issue. And if you don't know research! The thousands of bloggers, youtubers, and reviewers of the world can help you out. Or you can always make a dermatologist appointment.
  2. Be able to see your beauty and the beauty in others. As a youngin' I wanted to cover up or hide my "flaws". I shaved my widows peak (weird, yes), straightened my hair every day, never went without make-up, the usual. But now as I've aged I realize that my "flaws" are what make me me. Even though my nose isn't my favorite feature it's mine and I own the schnoz. I'll go without makeup on the weekends, I will let my hair go natural, I try more and more to accept myself so then I can focus on highlighting my features instead of hiding.
  3. Fake it till you make it. When I'm scared, nervous, sad, stressed, etc.... I pretend to be the positive, confidence person I wish I was in that instance. And the funny thing... it usually makes me into that person! Score! 
  4. Know who you are and own it! It's okay if you're not ready to show 100% of yourself all the time (where my introverts at?) but accepting that is a part of knowing you. I know who I am, and I also know that I don't open up until I know people for a while. I'm okay with this and I own, it's what makes me me!
  5. Take time to focus on you. You can’t do for others if you’re not cared for (at least not well). This can be anything; getting a massage or your nails done, watching some TV, zoning out to music, meditating, exercising, hanging out with friends, or being alone. It’s ok to spend some time on yourself before others, in fact it’s healthy!

Picture from Pixabay
Join the Conversation!

   
           What makes you feel the most confident?
           How do you care for yourself, or do you at all? 

3 comments:

  1. Im very excited about your post on Adulting. Adulting is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adulting is hard, but we're all in it together at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm turning 30 this September and I've come to peace with it. Luckily, I'm in one of the best places I could be in life confidence wise. And adulting should be an interesting topic, I've been writing about it quite a bit on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete