Social Media Icons

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Get the Look: Summer Love

Get the Look: Summer Love




Summer has definitely arrived here in Denver! It's been hot and beautiful out and is inspiring me to update my wardrobe.

The warm weather is making me think of sandals and flowy tops, embroidery and silver jewelry, and fun lip colors (not usually on the menu for me!); and mojitos of course!

Top
This top from Asos kills 2 birds with 1 stone (or as a student of mine said "picks 2 flowers with 1 hand) as it's both flowy and embroidered. I really love the tassel detail too!

Jeans
Up until maybe a week ago I was not into the ripped knee look at all. Then I decided to try it out with a pair of jeans I've been experimenting with distressing. Now I'm sold! It just looks cool, and keeps you cool too... lol I guess I'm on the bandwagon now :)

Bag
So you may have noticed that I've been obsessed over getting a cross-body bag for months now, and I still haven't done it. My main issue is that I've got a bit of a stomach and a strap across the boobs that highlights that area is not super flattering. Anyway I still am on the hunt (one day!) and I really liked this tan bag for summer.

Shoes
Oh shoes, how I love them! I really like these cage heels with a block heel that's not too high. Sophisticated and fun. Perfect for a bright colored pedicure.

Bracelet
I don't know what it is about summer, but it makes me want to wear more silver in place of the gold I usually wear. I love this bangle with a bit a turquoise, adorable! And a plus is that you can squeeze it to fit us with the tiny wrists.

Lipgloss
You may know my issues with lipstick (read more here), to make a long story short, I;m not a fan. But I've been trying to experiment with lipgloss for that wash of color. And I think an outfit like this needs a pop of color! This coral from NYX looks gorgeous!

This is the outfit I'd like to live in this summer! How about you what are your summer fashion staples?

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more pics and fun! (@amberbutbetter) 

4 comments:

  1. NXY butter gloss is the best! I have like every color :)

    COLLEENWELSCH.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried them yet, but I really want to. Just have to get to the store to do it!

      Delete
  2. Amazing picks!! Love those shoes soo much!!
    Love,
    Kisses and hugs from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete