Social Media Icons

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Cruelty-free at the Drugstore - Target

Sorry guys this post was written in September and I failed publishing it. So here is the last post in my Cruelty-Free at the Drugstore series!

Over the last few months I have had a blast scouring drugstores for the best cruelty-free product (see my previous posts here and here). But I think I saved the best for last - Target. In the last few years, Target has seriously upped it's beauty game! Seriously check it out if you get a chance. There are all kinds of new brands and displays.


They great part is they offer so many cruelty-free brands, it's almost overwhelming (almost)! 

Physician's Formula
ELF
Wet n Wild
Essence
Burt's Bees
NYX
Pixi
Sonia Kashuk
W3ll People (online only)
Whew, that's a lot right?!? I had to seriously hold back when I went shopping so I didn't blow my entire paycheck. But I'm so glad Target is stepping up with all these amazing brands, it's just a treat. 


Sonia Kashuk is one of the brands I was excited to try as I just found out they're cruelty-free. So I went for the foundation stick. It is a really nice medium coverage that blends in with the skin really well. Note - after using this for a while I found that it clogs my pores a bit and doesn't have a great lasting power :(


I also brought out one of my top (maybe the top) drugstore cruelty-free brands, NYX. Their concealers are amazing for covering dark circles and highlighting. And this contour palette has been one of my best buys of the last few years. I get so much use out of it. It's got colors that are great for highlighting, contouring, bronzing, and a finishing powder - hello multi-tasker!



I really wanted a simple eye shadow look with dramatic eyeliner. I think this is my favorite part of this look... dark smoldering eyes! Sounds sexy right?!?

Overall, I've been thrilled these last few months to try out so many new brands and products. I've found some new faves - hello sparkly highlights and great brows! I hope I've been able to show that cruelty-free products can be affordable and are definitely accessible. There are some gems out there just waiting for you to try!

Photos by Zanib Flynn || Facebook Instagram


Below are the products I used:

*products not from Target

Face
NYX HD Concealer Wand - Fair & Yellow
Wet n Wild Color Icon Ombre Blush - The Princess Daiquiris (color not available online) 

Brows
Essence Make Me Brow - Browny Brows

Eyes
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Cottage Cheese 
*Pixi Eyeshadow Duo - Apricot Glow (Sample)
ELF Mineral Eyeliner - Black (old)
*Too Faced Better Than Sex - Waterproof

No comments

Leave a Comment