Social Media Icons

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

5 Christmas Movies and Festive Drinks to Enjoy this Month

I love Christmas time! The smells, the lights, the feeling of giving, chartity and kindness, the movies, and the food. I really try to enjoy this time of year to it's fullest. And to comemorate my love of the holidy I wanted to do a favorites list for you all. But because I also love a warm, comforting drink to sip while wrapped in a cozy blanket engrossed in my favorites films, I thought I'd pick the drinks I'd pair with each movie. 

So let's do this countdown style! (Although these are really in no particular order, except #1).


#5 - The Santa Clause - Hot Cocoa


Tim Allen at his best! This is such a cute story of a man discovering that he's the new Santa, whether he wants it or not. And along the way he also learns to be a better dad, adorable! I love this movie for the comedy, and the amazing transformation of Tim Allen from a svelt busimen man to a chubby, jolly Santa.

In a scene at the North Pole, Judy the elf makes Santa her famous hot chocolate... so I thought that would be the perfect drink to pair with The Santa Clause.

#4 - The Holiday - Apple Cider



Two strangers who are not happy in their own lives switch houses over the holidays. One house is in LA and the other in the English countryside. Humor, depression, relationships, and soul-defining hijinks ensue. This is probably the least Christmas-y movie on my list, but it still takes place during this time so it totally counts! I love the characters and the separate-but-not-really plots... just a good watch.
And for this movie that warms your heart but has a little spiciness (sassiness) to it, I choose Hot Apple Cider as the drink pairing. And if you add a dash of bourbon, I wouldn't be mad at you :)

#3 - Miracle on 34th St. - Eggnog



Both the classic and the updated 90's version are wonderful, though I do prefer the 90's one. Starting with the Thanksgiving Day Parade and ending with all of New York believing in Santa... you just can't go wrong. 

For this classic and timeless movie, I wanted a drink that has stood the test of time and is a wonderful treat every year. Hello Eggnog, a rich and delicious drink perfect for this film.

#2 - Love, Actually - Mulled Wine


One of the best ensemble cast movies ever, Christmas or not! I love this devilishly romantic and unapolegetically Christmas film. Multiple characters face various relationship woes around the holidays. There is great humor, an orgy, the Prime Minister, a paper mache octopus, and a tacky Christmas song... what's not to love?

For this English film, I thought the classic English traditional drink of Mulled Wine would be perfect. Make it red or make it white, but make it to watch Love, Actually this year!

#1 - White Christmas - Champagne



And finally, my #1 favortie Christmas movie of all time, the one I must absolutely watch every year or it just isn't Christmas, White Christmas. There is a reason this is a classic! The women are gorgeous and classic, the dance and song numbers - mesmorizing, and the men are funny and kind. There's a little bit of war, cross-dressing, amazing dance scenes, and a bang-finish ending that makes me cry (of joy) every time.

The only drink I could think to match with this movie would be champagne. So raise a glass and we'll all toast the General and have a Merry Christmas together!

Hope your all having a great week and staying warm and cozy - Happy Holidays!

No comments

Leave a Comment