Social Media Icons

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fallin' Up My Wardrobe

As I've said oh-so-many times before, I love autumn, it's the best season of all. And one of things I love most about this time of year is the fashion. I love layers, long sleeves, scarves, and boots! I thought I would show you a few of the pieces I've added to my wardrobe to bring it into the fall season.

First are some necklaces; once the weather gets cold my necklines start to rise. This means many of my smaller, shorter necklaces would just hide under my shirts. So I bought these 2 long necklaces to drape over my layers and give some interest to outfits. 

Left: Came with the gray sweater below, Right: from Burlington Coat Factory (similar here and here)

Next some warmer tops:

This one from AB Studio at Kohl's came with the necklace above. It's got a soft peplum that hides your bits but isn't shapeless.


This next top is from Coldwater Creek and was thrifted (similar here). I love this style for work; it's comfortable and warm, and goes great with trousers.


Now for some outerwear:

So this vest I actually bought for my Cruella costume, but when I tried it on I thought it would be a great layering piece. It's very warm and neutral and will go great with sweaters.


Finally, this Christopher Banks piece (similar here) I've already got a ton of wear out of. It's a khaki jacket! I've looked for years for a jean jacket but never found the right fit, but I saw this jacket at the thrift store and it fits great. I especially love it with the sleeves rolled up. I know I'll keep wearing this into the Spring!


So these are my updates for autumn. I'm excited for the cozy clothes and the holidays soon to come! What do you do to update your wardrobe for the cooler months?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, I have gotten so much use out of the jacket, it's a great layering piece!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I have yet to wear it (besides on Halloween), what do you style yours with?

      Delete